24/09/2019 - 01/02/2021
Hi there! :)
I am Theresa and currently a 19y/o workawayer in New Zealand! I love getting to know new places and experiencing other cultures and lifestyles. In addition to that I love nature, which is why I am particularly interested in sustainability projects, nature conservation and animal welfare.
To my person: I would describe myself as rather introverted, and it often takes me a bit longer to open up myself. But once I got to know people better its likely that I will never get them out of my mind and heart again. I love adventures and surprises as well as an easy-going attitude sometimes, on the other hand I like to have deeper-going coversations on different topics. Deciding between meeting a thousand new people semi-well or geting to know and stay in contact with a hand full of persons, I would choose the second option.:) I am always up for adventures as well as I appreciate a good book with a cup of tea on the sofa as well.
I am looking forward to my next year with workaway!
I am used to working in teams and like to develop and implement ideas together, but at the same time I like to work independently, too. I did several interships, f.e. in a primary school for disabled children, that teached me how to deal better with unknown challenges. What I liked about the children most was how authentic they were - each one more or less completely admitted their own uniqueness, without the same rating or questioning. I felt comfortable in this environment, and I gained a lot of experience in handling very different traits with much less prejudicing or rating, as is often the case in human groups and societies.
It is important to me to meet other people and cultures with an open mind, and I think that traveling is the best way to do that.
Work experiences with and without workaway:
- helping with an art project (handcraft and mosaics)
- working on a coffee plantation as a waitress, a lot of contact with costumers
- kitchenhand in a restaurant
- teaching (English for children and students)
- working on organic farms (gardening and animal care, handcraft)
- renovating/ painting walls
- housekeeping at a Motel and diverse hostels (basic cleaning skills, especially making beds)
- writing for the school's newspaper as well as creating an organic garden at school
- internship at a German start up company called "AppCamps" that is searching for new ways how to teach
informatics at school
- a lot of babysitting at home for friends and family, as well as housekeeping for them when they were not at home
I have no problem with "tackling" and physically demanding work as well as I like to work patiently and careful.
My interests are languages, everything creative (writing, photography, handcraft and music) as well as sports. And I'm naturally fond of animals.
Also, if I sometimes miss the luck, I can actually cook quite well. Whatever work needs to be done, I am keen to give my best!:)
Special dietary requirements
I am a vegetarian but prefer to eat vegan:)