Favourited 899 times
We are a Non Governmental Organisation established in 2012 to respond to the vast social problems of the most under-resourced and remote areas of Uganda.
Our activities aspire to creating sustainable change in communities through building sustainable infrastructures which are then maintainable by the community members.
our aim is to create "a sustainable world with equal opportunities and resources for all mankind". And in order to achieve this, we collaborate with community members and local authorities to gather valid solutions to the common social problems and we come out with the best priorities.
our major programs works under;
(1) offering educational support to the orphans and vulnerable children by providing scholastic , finding and placing them into low-tuition schools. we also regularly visit these children and inspire them, guide and engage them in exercising their abilities.
(2), Fostering community development by mentoring and empowering families, youths and women groups in development through training and workshops, creation of village savings and loan associations (VISLA), working on general community needs such as construction of community and school water sources, environmental friendly cooking stoves as well as promoting health and wellness through awareness and campaigns on family planning, domestic violence and prevention of HIV/AIDS.
(3), vocational and life skills training for youths, thereby creating job opportunities and fighting poverty among the youths.
(4), Promotion of human and environment rights through sensitization.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Firstly, you’ll learn the Uganda local lunguage as an exchange, with the children and local people.
Learning how to prepare African meals such as local food, chappati (made from wheat flour), juices and vegetables.
Experience Ugandan night life; we normally take volunteers to Ugandan clubs and leisure places, dance shows and you could also learn Ugandan traditional dances.
Our past volunteers have learned the African traditional traits such as greeting, dressing, way of expression and this can add to your experience.
You will have many places to tour, and some of them you could visit freely around the central region; and if interested in touring, we can arrange for that.
Our organization is dedicated in developing various abilities and talents in children and youths through training, education and empowerment...and therefore we need people with various skills, who can pass them on to these children, in addition, to assist in various community change projects.
Therefore, we need help in the following areas:
1. Teaching maths, English and reading in elementary and high schools we work with to offer educational services to needy children.
2. English language practice to our adopted children in our home, instilling and inspiring a reading culture in them.
3. Assist in building and construction work on our school projects in the villages.
3. Assist in training music, dance, drama, swimming, yoga, soccer, fitness and other outdoor games to children.
4. Teach or train photography, filming and story telling to youths and young children.
5. Fundraising for small community projects which are aimed at creating a sustainable impact. This does not require any fundraising skills
6. Social media management for the organization activities, web updates, newsletter writing, blogging and professional writing. This enables our work to reach all people across the globe.
7. Work in our environment projects such as tree planting, agriculture and permaculture in communities.
8. Administration work in our office, such as staff training in nonprofit work, accounting, proposal writing, report writing, fundraising and or to do the above specifically.
Your efforts today with our community shall remain productive for the next generation.....so come and be part of the growing team, leave a trace of your work and get a certificate of appreciation!
english, and you will be taught speaking Luganda by local people or children
The volunteers house is located in a local village and its a 3 bedroom house with electricity, internet, running water and flush toilets. The house is located in a safe, quiet and secure environment, suitable for relaxing.
How to visit Uganda:
Our nearest airport is Entebbe Airport and we normally pick our volunteers here at anytime of arrival.
Type of Visa: we recommend that you apply for a TOURIST VISA, unless you’re planning to spend more than 3 months. Sometimes, if you want to apply as a volunteer, it could be complicated. A tourist visa is a quickest way.
Visa fees: Visa fee is $100 and this could be 3 months Visa. It could be paid on arrival at Entebbe airport but application should be made before you board.
Others: Before you buy air ticket, make sure you have completed relevant medical checkups such as yellow fever shot, annual flu shot and any other according to your health. Some vaccinations could affect your travel dates.
A yellow fever shot and certificate is mandatory for Ugandan visitors.
Search Ugandan visa application portal online ( make sure the url end with .go.ug)
Inform us once you have booked your flights so we can arrange for the pickup.
In addition; We provide our volunteers with free-time to explore site around us for free. This includes a tour to Kampala, and this gives you an opportunity to see the Uganda capital city and tourist places around, we enjoy the Kampala-nights together everyday, village tours and exchanges with locals (village gossips...lol). Attending live music bands every weekend where our volunteers are always given a chance to sing or mime your favorite song live, attending traditional functions such as weddings and introductions.........
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
4 hours daily 5 days a week
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteer‘s stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: