Usually responds within 50 days
Hi, my name is Eli and I love traveling and been doing so for many years. Now I am managing a small, natural boutique hotel in Tangalle, Sri Lanka, where I can implement a lot of what I have absorbed during my travels.
Our hotel is located in a small authentic Sri Lankan fisherman village.
The hotel itself is on a hilltop with an incredible view to the Indian ocean, constant cool ocean breeze, plunged in the jungle lush and 3 min walk from two amazing and almost empty beaches - one with a unique, untapped, surfing spot.
our tag line says it all " Let Nature Embrace You"
Types of help and learning opportunitiesGardeningDIY and building projectsGeneral MaintenanceCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp with Eco ProjectsHelp around the houseHospitality/TourismArt ProjectsHelp with Computers/ Internet
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
The travelers will be communicating with the local team and meet the neighbors in the village-learn more intimately about the Sri Lankan people and culture. Since the hotel is in the middle of the jungle the travelers will see plenty of animals around, a great variety of plants, some of them could use for medical purpose.
It really depends on when you are coming ...
if before the season [ up to mid-Nov]
1. we wish to improve the decoration of the hotel [ in the suites, public area, and garden] by creative ideas and realizing those ideas that we think could be suitable to the atmosphere and useful for day to day usage.
2. help us to be more environmental friendly [project ideas and execution ] - e.g effective and efficient recycling system - reducing water usage, etc.
3. improving the online marketing and exposure of the hotel [ photographs, website, social media, etc]
4. some minor building projects [ additional yoga deck and other projects]
In the season from mid-Nov to end of April
1. Yoga instructor - to give yoga lessons
2. Helping with hosting guests - welcoming them nicely, making sure they are satisfied, and making the best of their experience in LT.
Chinese (Mandarin): Beginner
Before the season we offer to stay in one of the available suites /units that we have.
During the season, we accommodate in one of the village houses [ with a bedroom, kitchen and shower, and toilet ] very clean and comfortable.
We will offer local breakfast and lunch /dinner and also encourage travelers to use the kitchen or to join the local team with their meals - even learn how to make local tasty dishes.
What else ...
There are quite a few things to do around, from beach activity, surfing, snorkeling, go visit national parks, some interesting temples around, local markets, etc.
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
How many Workawayers can stay?
up to 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: