Hi, my name is Eli and I love traveling and been doing so for many years. Now I am managing a small, natural boutique hotel in Tangalle, Sri Lanka, where I can implement a lot of what I have absorbed during my travels.
Our hotel is located in a small authentic Sri Lankan fisherman village.
The hotel itself is on a hilltop with an incredible view to the Indian ocean, constant cool ocean breeze, plunged in the jungle lush and 3 min walk from two amazing and almost empty beaches - one with a unique, untapped, surfing spot.
our tag line says it all " Let Nature Embrace You"
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
The travelers will be communicating with the local team and meet the neighbors in the village-learn more intimately about the Sri Lankan people and culture. Since the hotel is in the middle of the jungle the travelers will see plenty of animals around, a great variety of plants, some of them could use for medical purpose.
It really depends on when you are coming ...
if before the season [ up to mid-Nov]
1. we wish to improve the decoration of the hotel [ in the suites, public area, and garden] by creative ideas and realizing those ideas that we think could be suitable to the atmosphere and useful for day to day usage.
2. help us to be more environmental friendly [project ideas and execution ] - e.g effective and efficient recycling system - reducing water usage, etc.
3. improving the online marketing and exposure of the hotel [ photographs, website, social media, etc]
4. some minor building projects [ additional yoga deck and other projects]
In the season from mid-Nov to end of April
1. Yoga instructor - to give yoga lessons
2. Helping with hosting guests - welcoming them nicely, making sure they are satisfied, and making the best of their experience in LT.
English, Hebrew and a bit of Chinese :-)
Before the season we offer to stay in one of the available suites /units that we have.
During the season, we accommodate in one of the village houses [ with a bedroom, kitchen and shower, and toilet ] very clean and comfortable.
We will offer local breakfast and lunch /dinner and also encourage travelers to use the kitchen or to join the local team with their meals - even learn how to make local tasty dishes.
There are quite a few things to do around, from beach activity, surfing, snorkeling, go visit national parks, some interesting temples around, local markets, etc.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
up to 5 hours a day, 5 days a week