We are a couple with a two year old son living close to Monpazier in the beautiful Dordogne in the south west of France. The area is famous for its middle age villages and castles and it is pretty laid back and protected from covid and co.
Our place is a big field in the middle of the forest where we live a calm and simple life close to nature and animals. We love to go for walks in the forest with our dogs and to take time for our five horses. We plan to have goats as well and other child friendly animals in the future.
We try to eat a plant based diet in the meantime and in the future we would like to produce as much as possible of our food in our property.
We mainly need help for general maintenance, veggie plot, stain the little wooden house, cutting grass, cleaning bushes, help cutting fire wood, and giving Thibaut a hand in different building / fencing projects. Why not cooking in case you like to do so...
In case you think one or several of these activities could be right for you just contact us so we can set up a video call. We are looking forward to getting to know you!
IMPORTANT: You need a driving licence. Having your own car would be best as transport possibilities are almost inexistant. To be happy at our place you also need to enjoy spending some time on your own, just reading, meditating, hiking, or writing a book...
Our place is very peaceful and we are looking forward to meeting responsible people with love for animals and respect for nature - party people and smokers should look for another host.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
We are talking french, German, English, Spanish and Portuguese so you can practice the language you choose.
A sensitive and emphatic rider can have a horse for hacking out, but as this requires quiet some teaching about light riding and respectful handling we can only offer this to Sb who stays for a minimum of six weeks.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
General maintenance - Activities can vary, here is just a general listing:
- Gardening: During spring and summer there is a helping hand needed in the veggie plot.
- Grass cutting: we have a grass cutter to sit on top and drive around with but around the trees and under the horses fences it needs to be done with the brush cutter what is physically demanding so you need to be fit.
- Cutting fire wood or helping Thibaut doing it.
- Painting: There is always some wooden building that needs stain again...
- Fencing: we have one km of wire mesh to fence some big parks for goats etc. and there is also one horse field that needs electrical fencing.
- Cleaning/ sweeping the driveway
- Building: For example a play house for the kids.
- Cooking: If you like to cook you would be very welcome to prepare lunch and teach us some vegan recipes.
- Babysitting: In case you have a good connection with kids our son might be OK to share his tractors with you :)
Accommodation in a comfortable mobile home placed 500 m from our house in a green, little valley. There are two bedrooms and as there are no neighbors close you might feel better to come with a friend. You can also come alone in case you prefer or just ask us to look for a second nice person to come at the same time. There is a good WiFi.
Concerning the food: For 2-3 hours of work per day (5 days a week) food is not included, just the accommodation. For 4-5 hours of help we pay the shopping, of course. In general you need to prepare your own meals.
Sights to visit: Monpazier (10min),Belvès (10min), Cadouin (10min), Château de Beynac (40min), Château des Milandes (40min), Château de Castelnaud (40min), cave of Lascaux (1h30), Rocamadour (1h30)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host can provide space for campervans.
4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week