Favourited 515 times
We are planting ginger, banana, papaya and some vegetables in our 2acres farm. It's organic and free from chemicals either fertilizer or pesticide. We very much welcome anyone who are willing to help us.
We have cats, dogs, chickens, a pond of red tilapia and we grow our own vegetables and local fruits.
For lodging, we provide 3 rooms (1&2 persons per room) a bathroom and a toilet. Personal hygiene is very important when living in a community. Please bring your personal hygiene products as we don't provide them.
This village is a Muslim community. We would be very much appreciated it if ladies not to wear hotpants ( please wear appropriate clothing). Please bring flip-flops, mosquitoes repellent and for wifi please buy a simcard.
We practice social integration through understanding, tolerance and respect for others. Hey nobody is perfect! Anyway we hope you will have a pleasant and enjoyable experience with us that will last for the rest of your life.
DIY and building projects
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
- We're proud of our heritage and we want to share it with as much people as possible. The local villagers are very friendly and if you are roaming around by yourselves be prepared to be approached by them for a friendly chat. Most of the villagers are able to communicate in English.
- The travellers can learn our culture, do and donts in Muslim society (ladies don't wear hotpants - please wear appropriate clothing, men volunteers not allowed to shake hands with Muslim ladies).
- We need all the help we can get to maintain a farm - transforming the place to a self sustaining eco- farm. Its fine if you don't have any skills related to farming.
- Help the host to maintain the house cleanliness and surrounding.
We provide 3 units of single and twin sharing rooms, a bathroom and a toilet.
- We prefer volunteer to stay with us minimum of 1 week or more as there are lots of things to see and experience (local foods, figs farm, waterfalls, hotspring, Gunung Nuang, Genting Highlands resort), badminton, archery, ATV, card games etc).
- From Kuala Lumpur to our farm is about 1 hour drive (by bus, taxi or grab)
- Some of our volunteers hitchhike from Kuala Lumpur and quite easy to get ride.
- Our farm is beside the primary school of Janda Baik and the 101 Resort.
- To go to the nearest shops volunteer could ride a bicycle or follow the host by car.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
3hours a day, 1 day off
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: