Favourited 282 times
Update September 2021: We are looking for two Workawayers (one person is also possible if you feel comfortable working alone) between 3th and 17th October (thats the best time, but you could start also a bit later) to make our garden ready for the winter break. Weeding, digging, collecting and drying wild herbs, maybe making compost, cutting wood and so on. If you feel the call, we are happy to hear from you :-)
And now about us: Hey there. We live in a lonely big house in the hills of Switzerland ;)
We are three people, two adults and a two year old child. We want to build up a community here, as there is a lot of space in and around the house. So we like to share the things, practice a collaborative way of life.
Our house was till 2007 a small school for about 20 children of some farms in the surrounding area.
We transformed it to a pleasant community house with some comfort.
The house is 5 minutes (by car) from the village. It's surrounded by nature (trees, meadows, rivers, cows...), so it's a good place for hiking and just 'to be' without noise, cars or other 'stuff'.
I, Sera, personally like playing games, playing music (piano, guitar), cooking, hiking, being with my two year old son...
I live an alternative life, try to use my heart not just only the mind. I'm connected to nature, humans, spirituality and consciousness. At the moment I live mostly in Basel and just visit this place for holiday or +/- one weekend per month.
Theodor is a true all-rounder with experience in many areas of craft and work. He likes community building and looks forward to people with spirit, heart and yearning beyond civilization for true magic and transition - people who are self empowered and are able to initiate rather than to wait for orders. At the moment he is in the house around 3-4 days a week, the other days he is in Basel.
Our interests, that we also like to share with Workawayers:
- Spirituality (Sera beliefs in nature, Theo in the ghost ;-)
- self awareness (Emotions, patterns, self responsibility)
- Connection (to myself, to others, to the - lets say - universe)
- Body health (good nurriture, yoga, ...)
- Wild herbs
- Free learning (Home schooling)
just to name some...
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
You can learn about the rural life in Switzerland. You could learn the language, I can also teach some (juggling) games and some (basic) music. I can give you advise about hiking in the area. In winter you can go skiing (if there is snow...). There are some rivers where you can take a bath - or you use our sauna in winter ;)
We're open to receive workawayer's with children.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- Gardening: We have two large raised beds, where we want to plant vegetables and herbs; prepare greenhouse, prepare compost, possibly digging a little pond. We like permaculture, but don't practice it now...
- help on the ground: renew the terrace, build a pool, change sand in playground, build up 2 more raised beds…
- General maintenance: wood works, renovation work, special projects like: clay oven, hot pot, compost toilet…
- help with computers, integration of mobile-apps, music download. internet: our webpage needs an update...
- cooking / shopping / cleaning: we like to share the necessary works in the house, there are many windows to clean
- Art project: We are really interested in making the place nicer, fancier, inspiring ;-)
- There are a lot of things we want to sell (maybe flea market) or give away.
What are your skills? We are open to receive what you feel like to give. We like if people work in an independent and creative way, and we don't like to 'control' everything you do...
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
You'll live in a private room with a normal bed and have your private space.
You'll use the community parts of the house: common kitchen, a big multipurpose room (piano, party, relaxing, workshops, playground, workout, boxing …), sauna, small library, sports ground…
We like to cook and eat together, but it's ok if you have other needs.
We also like to share the work that comes up during the day, like cooking, cleaning...
The next village is 5km, you can walk (1 hour) or maybe use the car / get a ride.
The place is good for hiking and enjoying the nature.
In Langnau (30min by car) you'll find some nice (coffee) shops.
Normally you work at your own or we try to find two Workawayers that help on the same time.
You can also bring your Workaway-friend ;)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host can provide space for campervans.
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: