Favourited 163 times
We are an eco ashram that offers yoga courses and retreats to people from all around the world! We offer a volunteer program for highly motivated spiritual seekers who want to delve deeper into the traditional practices of yoga for a long period of time but lack the money for our retreats or courses. So, we created the MVP (Meditation and Volunteer Program) to allow participants to volunteer in the ashram to cover the cost of their room and food. Currently, the only staff we have are the two owners (Isabella and Sandeep) and one cook/cleaner who lives on-site so our volunteers are a great help to us.
In exchange for free accommodation in our hostel, free food, and free classes we request a few hours of work every day. We require a minimum of 2 weeks stay which will be the initial trial period but if it is a good fit and if we have the availability then we may welcome you to stay for up to 3 months. We only allow 1 person at a time to be in this program but couples can be accepted in some situations.
In exchange for free accommodation, food, and daily classes, we ask that you work for around 3-4 hours in the day for 5 or 6 days of the week, depending on the amount of work needed to be done. But Sundays are guaranteed off for relaxing and exploring the beautiful mountains in the area or visiting the nearby city of Rishikesh. Some of the work you can help us with consists of gardening, painting, construction, web design, online advertising, photography, cooking, cleaning, painting, and any other projects that may arise in the ashram. However, if you have any special skills that you can offer to us please inform us of that in your application.
We also require all guests to follow the rules of the ashram which include:
1. No use of drugs, alcohol, or smoking products allowed on ashram property.
2. No non-vegetarian food allowed on ashram property.
3. Must respect quiet hours after 9:30pm.
4. Teachers and staff members as well as fellow students/guests are to be treated friendly and respectful at all times.
5. The yoga hall is considered a sacred space. Therefore, it is not allowed to enter with shoes or bring food. Wifi/Data must be switched off when entering the yoga hall.
6. Dress respectfully (e.g. shirts covering the mid-riff, no short shorts, etc.) in the whole school area and also while taking a walk in the nearby villages.
7. We do not take responsibility for any kind of injury or damage to your property during your stay. We strongly advise you to mind the instructor’s safety guidelines and listen to your body as well as keep your valuable items safely stored away at your own discretion.
8. Any damage to the property or items of ours must be replaced with an item of equal value.
9. We reserve the right to request you to leave if you violate any of the above rules or for any other reason deemed necessary by the owners.
Anyone who is interested in becoming an MVP must first submit an application. Instructions for the application are provided below:
1. A short introduction about who you are.
2. Why are you interested in practicing yoga?
3. How much experience do you have with yoga?
4. Do you have any special skills you can offer?
5. What dates are you interested in coming?
6. Can you stay for a minimum of 2 weeks?
7. Do you have any health problems that prevent you from doing any physical work? (We still accept people with any health issue, we just want to be aware so that we can accommodate you properly)
8. Any additional information we should know about you.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
In exchange for free accommodation, food, and daily classes, we ask that you work for around 3-4 hours in the day for 5 or 6 days of the week, depending on the amount of work needed to be done. Volunteers are welcome to participate in all of our yoga asana, pranayama, meditation, and philosophy classes free of cost! You can also learn how to cook traditional Indian food by helping our wonderful cook in the kitchen.
Some of the work you can help us with consists of gardening, painting, construction, web design, online advertising, photography, cooking, cleaning, painting, and any other projects that may arise in the ashram. However, if you have any special skills that you can offer to us please inform us of that in your application.
URGENT WORK NEEDED: Painting, construction, gardening, photography, online advertising, web design
English and Hindi
We offer free accommodation in a mixed gender hostel room with 4-beds and an attached bath. This room includes hot water (powered through solar power) and free wifi.
Food is included for free for all volunteers (3 meals per day plus some snacks and drinks).
Our property is only a short drive away from Rishikesh so in your free time you can visit and explore the city of Rishikesh or go trekking in the surrounding area such as to Neer waterfall or Kunjapuri temple. You can also see the local village life near our property.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 3-4 hours a day, 5 days a week