We are Roxy (37), Florin (38), Nina (4), Iza (2) and our dog, Whoabi (4). Three years ago, we've decide to leave the hectic life of Cluj-Napoca for an amazing life experience of having a bucolic, peaceful and Zen life in the middle of the nature, în one of the most beautiful hidden secrets, of România, Breb Village, în Maramureș county. I was working as an independent clothing designer, so I am pretty much into arts and chromatics and Florin was working in a multinațional company, so he is the pragmatic one and the brain of the Project. We are running a family passion Project of saving old wooden houses and tranforming it into cozy, authentic cottage. We currently have 6 old wooden houses(we also live în one). We are also trying to run a rural revival/regeneration project, as this part of the world is very generous în traditions, old customs, handcrafts, etc. Almost every weekend we host în our backyard a tradițional live music show, Free for everyone around, where people from all over the world have a great time, change ideas and become friends. We want to create beautiful memories and to offer unique experiences to our guests, to come from all over the globe.
We have a pretty awesome spot over here and we welcome everyone to visit and help create an even more beautiful piece of earth. We call it #magiclandbreb #zenzone #citydetox #casadinvalebreb
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
I'm not the only one saying this.. This place îs magnetic, if you want to experience The bucolic Village life, if you are looking for a city detox, or trying to discover another perspective of live, this is quite The place. Where we are located, we have a 360 degrees landscape, wich includes fields of grass with haystacks, cows and horses and then, surrounded în The far by Mountains. Maramureș is rich in traditions, chromatics, handcrafts and old customs. The restoring Project, itself îs very catchy.. We are saving wooden houses, over 100 years old, so there îs a challenge transforming it into cozy guesthouses, but still conserving The authentic element. There is some much to do, to explore and to live! You can choose to get pocket money or a meal a day.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Ideally, we are looking for a couple, he could help Florin with the maintenance of our old wooden houses, or other diy projects and she could help Roxy with the girls, or maybe cooking if she likes to, or greeting the guests. We need help between April and November.
We are flexible so duties can be discussed depending on the given situation.
In general is about some old wooden houses maintenance and some babysitting for our 4 year and 2 year daughters, sometimes greeting our guests, painting, maybe old wood constructions projects, if you are interested in .
- Age Restriction: 18 years old and above.
- There are short-term and long-term opportunities available, from a minimum of 2 weeks stay.
- There will be no tolerance for habitual alcohol use, no tolerance at all for drug use and there will be no loud music or loud noises on-site
What’s NOT included?
- Flights, visa, internal transport, travel health insurance.
If you are interested in living for a while in this magic place, please tell a few words about you, why you’d like to help us and the dates when you would be available.
For more photos on our location, please check our Insta account: casa_din_vale
English and a bit of French
You will be lodged in one of our traditional, restored wooden houses , a super cozy, authentic cottage, or depending on what's available
-toilet with shower, backyard
- We have high-speed internet.
To do around Breb, Maramureș
You can see the real country living in Maramures, Romania, in one of the most authentic villages, Breb
- Breb is the hidden gem of Maramureș, a touristic village, surrounded by rolling hills and hardwood forests, located in the north. Breb itself is an amazing authentic village. People still build haystacks by hand, they don't use machines, there will be animals on the field, the quality of air is amazing!
- You can take trips around Maramureș, you can take the steam train in Viseu, visit the Merry Cemetery and Peri Monastery, have fresh trout at local eateries, visit Barsana Monasteries, see the Blue Lake, or go swimming in the many pools(salty and sweet water) in the nearby village, 6km away.
- The region is great for all manner of outdoor activities such as camping and biking, hiking to the Rooster's Crest, etc.
- Sighet is about 25-30 minutes from Breb, you can visit the Comunism Prison.
Also, you can enjoy the mountain landscape from the orchard where you can see straight in the front of you the beautiful sunset.
You can meet very interesting people, from all over the world, have silence but also some fun around and have mountain forest walks with the our friendly dog, Whoabi, have fun at our weekly traditional live music evenings, enjoy the silence and the wild nature and so on.
Closest Airport îs Cluj-Napoca and from here there îs a bus to Baia Mare. We Will be happy to come pick you from Baia Mare and Take you to Breb, wich îs 40 km away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours /day, 5 days/week