Favourited 23 times
OUR PROJECT SCOPE:
We are focusing on Community Empowerment among young and adolescent, Youth and women within Mathare slums,Nairobi Kenya.
We are registered community based organization in Mathare slums under ministry of Gender and social work, Nairobi, Kenya. Our Primary focus is Community empowerment. Currently we have a tailoring Training project on going for women living in Mathare slums to enable them become independent.
We are looking for Volunteers ,Donors, Organizations, foundations and well- wishers who will enable us develop and initiate community empowerment programs within our slums by planting a seed of hope to the larger community. Feel free to contact us via email, visit our website for further guidance and inquiry for any project you feel good to support.
I am Jack, a 32 years old resident of Mathare Slums, a community leader and coordinator of our programs with the organization. I will be responding to all your inquiries ; emails, given the fact that I have a mobile data internet connection and giving my best service to your satisfaction any moment. I would encourage you to have a glance at our website and find suitable program(s) for you with love and gratitude: Together we can.
Sharing my experience and meeting new friends from across the global is what I love most. We learn from each other social cultural activities and remain human. we always encourage unity in diversity and team work in achieve our goals in life. Any visitor who feels the need to know our diversity cultural practices, our languages as most families speak Kiswahili or English or their native languages, I will be ready to help in any way as requested. This can be done either before or during your visits to our place.
Construction of a Community Resource Center .
We would love to improve access to information on socio-economic and environmental development through the use of Community Resource Center and their six corners:
i) Tailoring training project to empower women.
ii) Baby care services.
iii) Education and ICT Training Hub.
iv) Bakery- Slums Bakery as source of income generating activity.
v) Safe space for counseling
vi) Computer Programming/coding for slums youth.
we are looking for grants for individual or family income-generating activities that are appropriate in emergency or post-conflict situations to help families rebuild their lives in our community.
Thank you and feel welcome.
Help with Eco Projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Computers/ Internet
Cultural interaction is embodied in a wider realm of human integration and development. We embrace unity in our diversity. During this period, volunteers will learn the our mix cultural orientation in our society, learn how to cook our traditional foods, learn our traditional folk songs and dancing techniques ,our way of life, interact with our people, learn new language, and make a new family full of love and caring. Our rich , robust history and resilience of your people. You will have an opportunity to interact with our people, ask questions and get satisfactory response.
We shall an open discussions and various historical site visits:- Nairobi animal orphanage, Crocodile villa in the city, Bomas of Kenya, Mt, Kenya game reserves, fishing in Lake Victoria and Maasai Mara game reserve visit. We endeavor to have a peer -to -peer approach in promoting our cultural practices. Our visitor will be exposed to Luo cultural practices , visit Bomas of Kenya, our rural home historical and seeing flora an fauna Kenya offer.
Volunteers will have a chance to have a second family, basic knowledge of our native language, develop a rich interpersonal skills and possible thought of future research on our hidden treasure within our traditional practices.
Social interaction with our kids will open a new world unto our volunteers. It is must take adventure .
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
All Volunteers are free to come throughout the year as individual(s), couple(s) or team.
1. We welcome all. On arrival, kindly let us know your Mission, Vision and expectation that made you to apply for our organization. we shall be grateful.
2. Kindly ask for the project(s) you applied for with a mission to offer assistance so that we know your interest for quality service delivery during your stay. Incase you did not chose any project, feel free to chose on arrival, a project that would be great interest to you. You will be free to initiate any project you deem fit in collaboration/partnership with our local organization.
3. As team member, we encourage our volunteers to give their best. You will be free to give your best ,wholeheartedly with no supervision. we shall only offer assistance when you request at any moment of your stay.
4. We need anybody who can be able to give a positive life to our youth, women and elderly. If you are good IT person, social worker, a nurse, Doctor, philanthropist all genre of expertise and experience, feel welcome. we don't discriminate, embrace our talents and Earnest our potentials. Our slogan - Together we can.
VOLUNTEER TASKS FOR OUR ORGANIZATION DESIRE.
Guest will be at liberty to chose projects that suits their interest with us, however we expect our volunteers to spearhead the following key areas:
1. Research and recommendations schemes; We would be grateful if our volunteer would spearhead research models from Europe, USA and other parts of the world on various funding opportunities available that can help us have a great positive effect in our society.
2. Project proposals and grants; Due to scarcity of skills and knowledge on this project area, we would be grateful to have our guest assistance if possible to enable us make our dream true.
3. Video shooting equipment and editing skills. Having a digital platform through documentary and infrared finger touch board at our office for an environmental friendly discuss will be of grate help.
4. website and content manager: Our responsive website require a content and quality assessment manager, our guest can be important in this component for our organization .
5. Used laptops, iPads, phones, video camera, clothes as gift for our children in schools and less privileged in our society,
6. Modern Juki- sewing machine equipments: Clothes and bags making project require modern machine for efficient production. The project help our youth and women to find a livelihood.
Karibu sana - (Welcome ALL)
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Our visitor(s) will be immersed into a Kenyan traditional life style. Our accommodation will be perfect as our volunteer(s) will be staying with the hosting family in their home/house through a home/house based care accommodation scheme in promoting a social integration and cultural exchange with our community/ or make arrangements for rental houses scheme based on volunteer task.
Volunteers will share meals with the host families. Host family will provide meals a day.
Our guest on request for a special diet calendar, we provide alternative for guest to have their desired package prepared under their supervision and desire through his/her budget plan.
volunteers are free to prepare their own meals at their own connivence. we value once interest and choice but encourage a learning culture from other. we would love to know how they also prepare some of the dishes.
We advice our volunteers to carry along person need items such as toothpaste, soaps, personal first Aid Kits and other person essentials.
Volunteer can play with kids during their free time. We encourage trekking and tour of our community will the help of our members guide. Volunteers shall be at liberty to chose the best model. Readily and available mode of transport is public transport system and motorbike rides.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: