This is Sebastian and Anamaria.
We own a rural property close to the largest city on the western side of Romania, Timisoara.
Currently, we are planning to renovate a former farm house, built in the 1960's and never used since, that used to belong to our grandparents and start a small animal farm there.
Visiting us could give you a nice opportunity to experience rural Romania and at the same time, due to the proximity of some very interesting urban sites close by, you'd have the chance to visit Timisoara - 55 km away. (There is a daily bus to and from Timisoara while we can also help you, either finding you rides towards the city or drive you ourselves, sometimes). The city of Vršac in Serbia is 125 km South while the city of Szeged in Hungary is 160 km West, away of our location.
Closest airports are in: Timisoara (Romania), Belgrade (Serbia) and Budapest (Hungary); depending on the timing we may pick you or help you find rides.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Are you into earthing, forrest bathing, stars gazing ? If so, how about enjoying nature in a Romanian village close to both the Serbian and Hungarian border ?
If so, we are happy to welcome you!
Fairy tale setting with lots of green pastures, deep forests, tranquility and clean air.
We are looking for volunteers who can stay one week or more.
Both of us have been visiting quite a lot of the EU member countries (more than 50% of them) while Sebastian has also spent more than a year in Asia on a one year study program ( public policy). We are both able to speak English; being Latin we are also able to understand lots of Italian, French, Spanish (Portuguese too, but a bit more difficult).
Timisoara, the largest city close-by, is about to be EU's cultural capital for the year of 2021 while it's also the Romanian city that has sparkled the change of regime upon the fall of the Berlin wall in 1989.
- You will need to sign a Volunteer Agreement.
- Hours: approx. 5 hours a day.
- The minimum stay is 1 week and can be extended to multiple weeks, if mutually agreed.
- You will be assigned (daily) tasks to perform in accordance with your capacities, but individuals capable of understanding a project and completing it through, without being guided at each and every move are highly preferred. We are looking for people who can do daily physical tasks, as part of the farm restoration project we have in mind.
Primary work shall consist of redesigning the house and the barns for animals. (as such, any of some: brickwork, carpentry, plumbing, electric engineering, etc. skills would be more than welcome),
- Also, sometimes, there is work to be done in the house and the garden, so we are looking for people who love nature and enjoy working in nature, doing tasks (besides construction) such as, keeping the job site clean and organized, helping in our gardens, with herbs and vegetables, planting, weeding, seeding, harvesting or even, at times, cooking. If needed, cleaning the sleeping place and bathroom spaces may be added to the tasks involved.
Food provisions shall be offered for the whole period of your stay, so that you can invest all of your energy into helping us finish the renovation project of the house :) (sometimes, we might have time to even cook it for you, but most times you'll have to cook for yourself).
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
The space we currently can offer consists of a house composed of:
- 3 rooms arranged as sleeping rooms (2 of the rooms with two-seater folding couches and 1 room with a double bed for couples);
- one bathroom (bathing tub & hot water included);
- one tiny kitchenette (fridge, sink with running hot water and gas stove included)
Considering the house' layout, the biggest number of workawayers welcomed simultaneously would be 4 persons (either 2 couples, either one couple and two single persons).
The workawayers shall have to use the bathroom and the kitchenette as a shared space.
We do have Satellite TV, but the area has no mobile coverage for the moment, nor internet. (for mobile coverage, one needs to walk some 1 km away from our house).
Outdoor BBQ area is also available.
Should you decide to visit us:
- the village is located 55 km North-East of Timisoara, so Timisoara it's really accesible,
- Lipova/Radna is 4o km away, as well with the Soimos stronghold, dating back from 1278,
- Charlottenburg, the only round-shaped village in Romania ( placed by the country’s Culture Ministry on the list of historical monuments) is only 7 km away.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week