Hello, I am Denis, a team leader of Children's Foundation a duly registered Non-Governmental Organization with a goal of increasing access to opportunities to needy and disadvantaged children, youth and women. The Organization has been a positive force is creating appositive impact through providing Education to school going children, Ending early child marriage, End violence against children, Empowering women economically, and youth livelihood for sustainable development.
we a an organization consisting of;
1. A Pri & primary school:- we have over 150 children in total who are attaining Education in this school especially those who are orphans and vulnerable , we have classes from baby, Middle, top class, Primary one and primary two.
2. Child care Project;- we do care and support 30 children from their homes,we are aim for home based care other than putting a child in an orphanage. In these homes we do provide medical care, nutritious food and home based caregiver trainings.
3. Women empowerment;- we have four Village savings and loans associations ( VSLAs). These are women groups each consisting of 30 members and in each of these group, women do savings and credit services to them selves, we also do financial literacy, Training in Income Generating activities (IGAs).
4. The Craft Center;- We have a skilling Center were women and youth are skilled in a number of activities which include ; crafts and design, and women do hand bags, belts and many other crafts materials all made from local materials. We also do Carpentry, hair dressing and basic computer training.
5. Child rights Campaigns;- we have project aimed at ending violence against children. ending child marriage and protecting children rights.
6. We Conduct Water, sanitation and Hygiene Projects to both children and community members, in this project, we do activities like teaching children hand washing, personal hygiene, drilling of boreholes, making of tippy taps and other health related practices.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Computers / internet
Uganda, Is a country which is landlocked but amazing place which is referred by many as the pearl of Africa,. The country consist of wide range of flora and fauna, the high mountain ranges , rivers and lakes But more important the wonderful culture.
Volunteers will enjoy diverse and numerous cultural experience which includes;the food, the cultural dancing, the local and cultural clothing, Marriage and family and many other like the way of living and farming .
We shall make with them the local feet wares from craft centers, do outdoor activities like going to the park and teaching them local languages.
staying with us you will learn the different ways how human race can live on planet earth, by understanding our life styles, religion, and make new friends.
Volunteers who want to experience a meaningful volunteering with us should be self motivated and willing to help regardless of the experience she or he have, open minded and ready to learn and experience new things.
we are looking for the following volunteers in the following areas but not limited!
A) Primary teacher;- we are looking for teachers who can help in English and Math in primary levels, These are children of age 7-10 years who are leaning basics
B) Social workers;- we are looking for volunteers who can do social work which may include women empowerment in economic activities such as business skills , formation of income generating activities, budgeting. saving and business planning . Other skills like; life skills, literacy education and counseling.
C) Doctors and Nurse; we are looking for people who can help in providing medical description and treatment to community members, do first aid training skills to current caregivers but also be involved in health camps
D) Artist - we are looking for volunteers who can help us in our Skilling graft center to help the youth and come up with meaningful work, like making beads, shoes, hand bags, and belts
E) Fundraising and proposal writing. we have a lot of needs but our hands are always shortened by the limited funds, we are therefore looking for volunteers who can help in resource mobilization through proposal writing, connecting us to international donors and being our fundraising ambassadors in their respective countries
F) we are also willing to host any body provided is 18+ and willing to learn and help in any way.
English, and Lunyoro
In return of your work, we offer accommodation to all volunteers at Home stay and Volunteer house .The Volunteers who opt to stay at Home stays, will always stay with host families, and this is a recommended accommodation type because apart provision of shelter, the volunteer get to learn from the families how they live, cook their local language whereby workawayers also can teach the host family members how things are done in his or her country.
The other form of accommodation is Volunteer house, we have a house were we host volunteers who opt for this type, especially the couples, and volunteers who need a lot of privacy.
In all these type of accommodation, volunteers will always be provided with a private room with running water,clean flashing toilets/latrines, provided 3 meals a day(However you can prepare your dish if you wish!) , electricity, bed and bed sheets, Insecticide treated net and blanket.
While volunteering with us, you will be exposed different projects which all need holistic and unique approaches, these projects are community driven aiming to empower and changing of mindset of the local people for a sustainable development.
Children's Foundation is situated at the heart of Masindi District, where there are a lot of tourist attraction features like Murchison fall national part.while in this park you can enjoy varieties of wild life, do game drives , Bird watching, and boat drive.
while you are in your free times you can visit many historical sites like the kings Place, go swimming,do community tourism , visit local hotel, local shops and many others.
Ask us about the following;
1. VISA TO UGANDA
You can apply for a tourist visa Via Uganda Immigration website; there are options which ranges from a 30 days Visa or 90 days visa, so you can pick which suits you. When your visa expires and still interested in being in Uganda or volunteering with us, we can Organize and you get a volunteer work permit(G1) which varies from one to two years, depending on your wish. You will always be asked for a certificate of good conduct from your home countries.
2. HOW TO REACH US FROM THE AIRPORT
We can pick you from Enteebe International airport using a tourist van, Customized, and it will take us 3hours drive to Masindi, also there is an option of a public means , taking public tax from enteebe town to Kampala city, Than you take another tax or a bus from Kampala city to Masindi District , this takes a lot of time because you will need to first wait for the passages to fill the car, and some times it keeps stopping on the way when the passages have reached their final destination , its cheap but it takes time to reach Masindi Town compared to personal Van which we recommend.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 4 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: