NOW HOSTING AGAIN
We are a professional couple who live on the waterfront in Minyama (next to Mooloolaba) on the Sunshine Coast. Both are well travelled and enjoy positive, upbeat people. We enjoy hosting self motivated, energetic, positive, polite, respectful and interesting travellers and hearing of their travels, tales and experiences.
We live on the waterfront on the stunning Sunshine Coast. We love hosting travellers, providing you with a variety of tasks and lots of time for you to enjoy all the local area has to offer.
We have had a number of guests (friends) from Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Finland, France, Germany, Guatemala, Iran, Ireland, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Norway, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, USA and Wales stay with us through WorkAway and will happily welcome further visitors from all over the world. We like to have guests stay from 1 to 2 weeks. But having said that in circumstances that suit us all, we have had WorkAway guests stay for 1 to 6 months (yes 6 months was exceptional).
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
If you are a Workaway guest with us, you are an active part of our house and lives. You can come on regular boat trips around the river and canals here, go sailing, or join in on all activities and day trips we are doing and be a part of neighbourhood dinners.
We encourage guests to embrace the day to day life of living here in Australia. Our guests often find the smallest differences the most amusing and different. The Sunshine Coast is a beautiful area and we find that all of our Workaway guests never run out of great local things to do and enjoy.
We always say that from our travels when we were younger, it is the people we remember not so much the places, nor cathedrals etc. We do hope that you find your time here rewarding!
We believe that Workaway is about a fair balance. We have had great guests who have gone out of their way for us, and likewise we try and make their experience here unique and noteworthy as well. Like all things in life, you only get out of it, what you are prepared to put in.
We are looking for:
Positive, Polite & Friendly Nature
Clean & Tidy
NON Smokers Only
Skilled / Unskilled (but willing to have a go at a new task)
Willing to jump in and actively be part of the house & neighbourhood. We are not a boarding house for travellers, but a home / family you get to share in with and join all of our daily activities and events.
What we are looking for when you are here:
- 5 days a week volunteering
- 5 hours per day
- Flexible with this, as you can do more one day, to give you a full day sightseeing on another etc But you need to show that you are here to assist and be part of our family, before wanting to take time off for sightseeing etc.
- Our next major project, is a treehouse we are wanting to build above our current garage. So if you are a skilled carpenter or builder and would love a challenge, please come and join in with the creation of this unique space. We would love you here.
- light duties - gardening, putting mulch on the garden, pool & house cleaning
- may include letter dropping pamphlets in the local area, promoting our business
- Julia is an excellent cook and prefers to cook, unless of course you are a chef, or have amazing culinary skills
- specific project/s in the garden
- digging holes (always putting in more plants), wheel barrowing soil and mulch
- household cleaning tasks
- stone masonry help in the garden
- variety of help to suit various skills of our guests
- helping mostly without supervision on whatever the latest garden project is
- We have a MIG Welder, so if you can weld that would be a plus. We have a number of welding jobs here so skilled help with this would be appreciated. We want to build three more Ed Trees (large metal trees in our back yard) but this time they will be a little smaller and more like palm trees. The perfect project for an adventurous welder.
- Julia injured her shoulder in a work accident and at the moment is unable to do many normal household tasks and assistance with these is greatly appreciated. This frustrates her very much, so any and all help for her is greatly appreciated.
We have been privileged to have such great international visitors who have become part of our lives and that we now count as friends. Great visitors add to our lives and leave a long term benefit and experience in so many ways, for themselves, our neighbours, friends, family and ourselves.
Some of our amazing workaway guests have stayed with us multiple times (but unfortunately we can only leave feedback on them here only once), so to Rebecca (many times), Michael (many times) Daniel (many times), Lindsay (4 times), Jenny (4 times), Mary (3 times), Nicole (3 times), Ed & Kia (2 times) and David & Linda (2 times) we are thankful, appreciate your friendship and do look forward to you coming to stay again.
We value all of our workaway guests and see them as a great part of our lives. We work on the ethos of if you give willingly of your time, enthusiasm, skill and expertise, we work to make your time here special too. If you believe in doing the minimum in life to skate through, then we are not the place for you. We value those who assist and help and we do everything possible to make their time enjoyable and memorable.
Please take a few minutes to read our feedback. You will see that we do go out of our way to make our Workaway guests time here a great experience.
If you are the next fantastic Workaway who wants to be a part of our lives, we look forward to hearing from you.
Two spare double bedrooms, with one for workaway and the other if we have family, friends staying
Large in-ground salt water pool
Member of the family whilst you are here. Share meals, conversations etc together
We provide all meals and accommodation. We are meat eaters, but love vegetarian meals and can happily cater for you if you are vegetarian, or vegan.
We are neat and tidy and would ask the same of any house guests.
We tend to go to bed reasonably early - 9.30-10.30 p.m but also are up early, i.e. 5.00 a.m or earlier. This doesn't mean that you have to follow these times, but is an indication of our daily routine.
We are in a perfect location for seeing all or most of the attractions on the Sunshine Coast:
- bus stop is 600 metres away at the end of our street
- 25 minute walk to Mooloolaba beach
- 25 minute walk to Point Cartwright headland and lighthouse
- 5 minute walk to a very large regional shopping centre
- Australia Zoo (they do pick ups from 10 minute walk away)
- Get local bus to Noosa - (40 min drive, but 1 hr 15 min in bus) - for a day trip to take in the sights and sounds of Noosa and to walk the coastal Noosa National Park
- Depending on other commitments we often go to the Saturday Eumundi Markets, which are a highlight for locals and visitors
- We have two kayaks - on the jetty - that you can take out and use anytime
- Have a 20 foot pontoon party boat, that we love to take out and more than happy to take guests with us
- We have 4 Wheel Drive and do love to go to Double Island Point (60 km driving on beach) or driving in National Parks, depending on weather, work commitments etc
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
5 hours per day (5 days per week)
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: