Favourited 10 times
WE ARE DEALING WITH PROJECTS IN:
Schools and Learners,
We are Looking for Volunteers, Donors, well-wishers, organizations and Foundations to work with. Drop an email to collaborate and partner with us on educational projects in Kalanya-Kanyango sublocation, Asego division Homa-Bay Town Constituency, Kenya.
I'm Helen a teacher by profession, early years supervisor now 39-years old, I'm a resident of Homa-Bay town in Kenya.
I enjoy meeting people from all around the globe and sharing good times with them, I will respond to most of your emails, since I have easy access to the internet.
I'd be very happy if I could be of any help during and even before your stay, so feel free to ask anything - on getting around Homa-Bay town, learning Local Luo and Swahili languages, experiencing Luo cultures.
To create a just society and enhance the participation of women, youth and children
Our Mission statement
To promote just and democratic governance based on democracy, good health, education, improve on sustainable livelihood, protection of human rights, environmental conservation.
・To empower and advocate the rights of women, youth, children, people with disabilities(PWDs) so that they can have a power to influence policy making or to promote the principle of just, democratic of good governance.
・To promote education of children, youth, women, teenage girls and enhance the level of participation for their safe development.
・To advocate for gender equity, the rights of the marginalized groups (like married adolescent girls), PWDs and children.
We have managed to put up two schools one with 100 learners of pre-school, Play group, Pre-primary (PP1), PP2, grade1-3. Learners and another one, with 30 kindergarten learners, we have 130 learners in total, attended to by 11 teachers.
We have managed to put up two classrooms for PP1 and 2. However, we are still lacking the classrooms. In our feeding program, we are only able to give the children 10 o’clock snack. There’s water in the compound for both the teaching staff and children. The school in town we provide both breakfast and lunch for the children.
I’m blessed with the welcoming family of 5 children and freehearted-caretaker.
Our organization takes a multidisciplinary, grassroots approach to supporting the community of Homa-Bay town through education, youth and female empowerment, environmental protection, and economic growth through poultry farming. These intertwined initiatives can help the low-income community rise out of poverty.
Our organization is driven by the community and is for the community. Our initiatives extend beyond Homa-Bay town to eradicate poverty, with a focus on caring for less fortunate mothers and children living in the divisions of Homa-Bay the western outskirts of Kenya.
The children attend our two schools.
INFORMATION ABOUT HOW SCHOOLS
Kindergarten school learnings begin at 8:00 am, and lasts until 12:00 noon, Primary school learnings begin 8:00 am and ends at 4:30 pm.
Up to 20 learners face chalkboards in unfinished, open-window full-suited classrooms, often in dilapidated desks.
When night falls and farm chores have been completed, pupils read books under battery-operated flashlights, paraffin oil candles and lanterned Lamps, or solar-powered lights.
Despite these barriers, pupils study intently so they can succeed to secondary and beyond.
Teachers are genuinely passionate about teaching, and pupils reciprocate this enthusiasm.
Recognizing that education is the key to further opportunity, we need sponsors, well-wishers, organization, donors and volunteers to provide uniforms, school levies, feeding program, teachers wages, so that orphaned, single-parent children and those from less privileged/disadvantaged/Less fortunate families can attend primary school—when they otherwise might not be able to attend, simply because they cannot afford a uniform, shoes, school subsidy levies or books.
School uniforms cost 7 USD for a girl’s dress/a boy’s shirt and short, 10USD for pull-over, 2USD for a pair of sock, 10USD for a pair of shoes, 20USD for tracksuit, 2 USD for a tie In Primary schools but even this is a great burden for some families, who may have to withdraw students before they can finish primary school. With a school day that begins at 8:00am and ends at 4:30pm, School fee for Pre-Primary 10 USD for a month per child, for Primary 40 USD for three months summing up to 120 USD in a year per child. Each teacher is earning a wage of 100 USD per month.
The feeding program goes for 13 USD per child per month.
Our two schools lack desks, chairs, finished buildings, latrines, libraries, and other infrastructure critical for a safe and productive learning environment.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
HOW VOLUNTEERS BENEFIT:
volunteers will be free to use our home setup accommodation facilities we can help you to reach your mission by going the cheaper way and tour as many places as it may be convenient to you.
FREE TIME ACTIVITIES
* Will be free to use their free time for excursions especially during weekends or selected days.
* Will be free to spend their free time in Local Park like Ruma National park, watch international football matches, attend social functions or any other social places where they will meet other great guests/volunteers in the area.
* Volunteers interested in these, will have to pay extra fees for these activities as they involves travel costs, those who like swimming will be swimming direct in swimming pools in the town Hotels which is only a few metres from our home
6) admire and enjoy the Lake Victoria fresh and fine cool breeze
7) see all Species of different fresh water fish and even enjoy eating them
8) see and enjoy eating organic food cooked in the traditional way using traditional methods and the crops we grow for food.
9) They will learn directly and practically there and then how we do all our activities of all kinds of their interest/choice and in their field of learning even beyond.
1. Organizing crowd fundraises in your home country or your residential country - We have educational projects that require financial support for improvement/development
2. There are various funding opportunities for nonprofits like USAID and we need help researching and understanding the options available to us ●
3. We need experts in grant writing to help us prepare and write professional grant proposals to relevant funding agencies
4. We would like to create a compelling video about our organization in general or a specific project for fund-raising purposes. We will provide the content but we need a video expert to put it all together and tell a great story
5. We currently don't have a website and we would really love someone to develop a responsive, Google-friendly site; this task would need to include all back and front end development and design, a Content Management System for our internal use, content upload (we will provide all the content - text, images and videos etc.), and delivery of source code upon completion
6. We are always looking for people who can help us promote our work on social media. Even just a few posts are a great start for us!
7. We do not have a good Facebook page and would love someone to set up a compelling page for our nonprofit to showcase our mission and work
8. We do not have a good Instagram page and would love someone to set up a compelling page for our nonprofit to showcase our mission and work
9. We often need to prepare reports or brochures for our donors and partners and we would love a great design template we can use as a basis for such purposes
10. We often need to present to our donors and partners and we would love to have a well-designed template we can use as a basis for our presentations
11. We would like to design a compelling logo that would convey the mission of our organization
12. We are Looking for someone ready to support and formally prepare Women and Youths micro-finance initiatives groups - (table banking, merry go round, financial and book keeping literacy, business administration and management)
13. We are in need of support and improvement of the status of our poultry keepers, crop growers
14. Teachers of both academic and co curriculum (Teaching academic subjects in class and sports activities).
15. Help in improving computer literacy to children
16. You can also Just come, without any relevant skill to tour, relax and enjoy weather, breeze & climate around Lake Victoria and learn the residents way of living you are welcome.
We are looking for Volunteers, who are ready to collaborate and partner with us in a working together spirit to help us improve lives of the less fortunate children.
English, Swahili and Dholuo
•Volunteers will stay with host families from the local community, based in a tranquil, rural environment.
• Each volunteer will have their own bed, but may share a room if belongs to the same gender or if are couples, Different gender stay in different rooms.
•Each bed should have a mosquito net
Volunteers will be provided with 3 meals a day by the host family,
Food will be prepared by Host family as per the normal daily diet timetable and on the request of the visitor in case he/she is interested in a different meal,
Any visitor who comes with his/her budget, all his/her meals will be prepared on his/her order and we will require a meals time table to be prepared in a collaboration of both the visitor and the cooks.
We prefer preparing meals with the consent of all people living in the house/family and considering different interests of different house dwellers including Visitors
during their time off, they can always visit the new friends in the local area, watch games of their choice
they can also visit local sites like Ruma national park,
there are several means of transport available twenty four hours
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week