Hi and welcome to my host page.
Let's not waste each other's time: If you apply for periods where my calendar is red, apply for longer than my maximum period (7 days), for more people than my maximum no. (1), or write in a language other than English or a Scandinavian language - I won't reply ;) (Hence the <100% reply rate).
- People 25+ only, please.
- Be prepared to prepare your own meals - groceries are provided, of course.
- The cat is seriously not friendly. Please respect to leave him alone. If he is probed etc he stresses, which does not affect his mood positively. Leave him alone and he might come around towards the end of your stay (yeah, I'm not selling it very well, I know haha).
- Clean your dishes after yourself and keep your room tidy.
I live in a small flat with the obligatory non-friendly cat, fairly central in Copenhagen.
I'll usually not cook meals as I work at a restaurant and usually have dinner there at the end of my workday. But there are groceries in the fridge and you just help yourself. I'm an omnivore, but it's no problem catering for vegetarians, even vegans - I'd be happy to learn new recipes.
NOTE: I'm primarily looking for short-term workawayers of 7 days. If we both agree, there's a possibility of prolonging the period - but I do not promise more than 7 days beforehand. This could be the perfect opportunity for someone who wants to spend a week in Copenhagen and get a feeling of the place. I live close by both the main central train station and Cph Airport.
From my home it's either walking or biking distance to the town center, the beach, Christiania, and even the country side. Very regular and reliable public transport is close by too.
You'll get your own key and can come and go as you please (just please respect being quiet if coming in late). Here is free unlimited wi-fi. Free use of kitchen. Smoking is fine on the balcony.
I can only host one workawayer at the time. When applying, please include which chores you'd like to help with. And, please re-read the lines up the top about the cat ;)
Please make sure you clean up after yourself. On your last day here, please take off your used sheets and drop them in the laundry basket, give the surfaces a nice wipe and hoover the floor in your room so it's clean and lovely for the next guest to arrive.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
This is a chance to spend a week-ish in Copenhagen and get to experience the local laidback life. If I'm not working, I'll be happy to show you places, you'll otherwise not see. I can provide tips on sites and free or cheap stuff to do. If you are here while the Tivoli Garden is open, I can take you to the Gardens for free.
I have lots of smaller projects, I'd like help with. Let me know which you'd like to participate in and/or have practice in. I'll be happy to teach you as well.
- ironing clothes
- household cleaning
- deep cleaning the bathroom, removing traces of limestone with (weak) acid
- indoor decorating
- paint furniture
- sewing. I have a sewing machine, so if you're confident to sew curtains, that'd be awesome. If you can teach me about adjusting sewing machine settings and types of needles to different fabrics, that'll be even greater.
- hanging up stuff on tiled bathroom walls
- building and/or fitting windows on balcony
- odd chores
- occasionally, I need a cat sitter when I do workaways myself :) If you cat sit, you only have to take care of the cat and not do any other chores. Of course, you'll stay for free, but you'll need to provide your own food.
- I'd love to practice ICELANDIC, GERMAN, and SPANISH. I'm poor at all three but want to learn.
- can you teach yoga? If so, I'm In!
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
Private room with single sleeping space in fairly central Cph flat. Flat is shared with host and devilish cat.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week. Or if you're here for less than 6 days, you'll have 1 full day off. I'm flexible, let me know what suits you