We are a community school that drives the passion of young children to move to the next level of education so that they own their destiny. Our centre is a nurturing of the poor children within the slums of Mbita town in Western Kenya near Lake Victoria. Through our exchange programme, we run a volunteer programme that provides an exciting opportunity so volunteers and community have a strong bond that leads to strong community development.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Our volunteers will live in a typical Kenya family home (Homestay). They will experience African culture firsthand through living style, food, and daily activities. There are plenty of opportunities to learn Swahili and Luo from locals. We can also arrange classes for volunteers if there is interest.
On days off (Saturday and Sunday), we are happy to arrange trips for our volunteers, including safaris (Let us know in advance so we make arrangaments for you to Maasai Mara, Serengenti, Lake Nakuru and Naivasha or visit the Islands in Lake Victoria or any other amazing places, like museums, Mountains, and other expeditions. There are many sights to see in and around Lake Victoria, where our organization is located
We have a big variety of work and it chances because we often have different projects running . Teaching in school is always Sunday to Friday. Saturday is off. Kenya is rich in great culture and amazing places to visit, so we sometimes organize outreaches and Safaris for our volunteers. We do also carry out sports events with the children like Music Festival, Fundraising Campaigns, Swimming Contest, and as well as Art/Talent show:
The Following are some of the skills we need;
1. - Fundraising
- connect our non profit project to prospective sponsors or businesses to ensure it runs smoothly and continuously.
- grants writing for the project fundraising programs to help me run the project continuously without stopping
- children sponsorship for education costs
-help drawing and painting different picture at our walls
2. Teaching English, French, German and other subjects for example Science, Geography, mathematics,as well as Arts, Music
3. Webdesign and programming we are looking for anyone who has an idea of designing our own website of our organization.
4. Marketing and advertising as we are trying to grow up our organization, we ask for help of volunteers who can spread the word connect our organization with other international organization in order to cooperate with us and build up supportive global thinking and local acting network.
5. helping us with our social media communication eg improving our Instagram, and Facebook, performance.
6. we need help to finish the building where we use as a classroom.
7. volunteers also can help to teach to draw,singing and play variety games or sports with children.
8 we also need the volunteers to talk to children.practice english and share things about life in general
We are more flexible and open, so if you have some idea and would like to show, you can do it. This may be inside school or community or public place.
Swahili (Kiswahili): Fluent
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
We provide accommodation and basic meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). . We can accommodate vegetarian diets.
Volunteers will share rooms (two people per rooms). We are unfortunately unable to provide private rooms for couples. The volunteers live with the host family and share the dining room and kitchen.
We happily provide this service and accommodation free of charge to our beloved volunteers for the time during which they are a part of our organization's family.
We do have electricity and volunteers can charge their electronics inside the house. We do also have running water.
We dont have wifi but you can access internet services in the nearby town (1km from the house)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We would love to work with volunteers who can also help online. Some of the online activities we have are" 1.Maintaining our website and social media 2. Online fundraising
We have a big parking space to accommodate our visitors.
We love pets (cats especially)
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week