Favourited 135 times
Salam everyone! We're an agricultural cooperative located in the small village Tafedna near Essaouira in Marrakesh region. Our vision is to create a place that invites people to reconnect with nature and learn about autonomous lifestyle including producing green electricity and biological friendly farming. We're four friends but the place is run mainly by Walid who lives on the farm and will be happy to show you everything. Another important part of the group are Youness, Mounir and Adil who will accompany you on the weekends to share good food and conversations with you, explore the beautiful area and discover hidden gems.
This is the only region in the world where you can find fertile argan trees, a big part of moroccan culture and inheritance, and the place where our land is situated. It is close to the ocean, the river and the mountains, so perfect for hiking and relaxing at the beach after finishing work.
You will have a wide range of different tasks like help planting trees and vegetables, do traditional construction projects with wood, rocks and mudbricks and take care of our animals. At the moment there is one horse, four dogs and one pregnant cat living with us. We just started our project in March 2022 but we're planning on expanding the family members of the farm step by step, bringing goats, chicken, fishes and turtles. Creating their living spaces will be one of the tasks as well.
We put lots of love and passion into creating this unique and authentic place and you will certainly find a second home here. Therefore we're more than happy to welcome and get to know each one of you and we warmly invite you to share your own visions and skills with us!
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
- go surfing or horse riding at the beach
- hiking in the mountains close by and meeting donkeys, camels and goats on the way
- visit the old town of Essaouira and go shopping on the market
- learn about important parts of moroccan culture like the berber nomads, traditional music, delicious tajine and green tea
- get to know more about self-sufficient lifestyle including agriculture, renewable electricity, natural water cycles and living beings in the environment
- language exchange; improve your arabic and french and share your own language with us!
If you want to visit Marrakesh there is the opportunity to stay with Youness who will be happy to host you and show you the vibrant colorful city life.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- agricultural tasks: preparing the ground for trees and vegetables, planting, watering, harvesting...
- construction projects: building stables for the animals and bungalows, wood projects, general maintenance...
- animal care: feeding, cleaning, walking the dogs and the horse and lots of cuddling :)
- creative tasks: decoration, paintings, landscape and wildlife photography, art projects, creating a playground out of natural materials
...or whatever comes to your mind! ;)
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
We provide a shared caravan (for girls) and tents (for boys) if we're hosting lots of people at the same time. There is also a house building project going on at the moment that will serve volunteers in the future.
Our farm is a non smoking place.
If you have a tent or a caravan that you can bring with you, we have space dedicated to that so you’re welcome anytime without worrying about availabilities. :)
There is running water and electricity and a good mobile internet connection. Cheap SIM-cards are available in almost every town, so consider getting one beforehand.
Per day we offer 2-3 meals and prepare them together. (You can help with an allowance of 5€ per day to share the meals purchases expenses & to give it kindly in the beginning of your stay)
- From Marrakesh: Take a bus or taxi to Essaouira. If you are arriving on the weekend there is also the possibility to come together with Youness.
- From Agadir and Essaouira: there is a bus running to Smimou where you can take a taxi or hitchhike to Tafedna
Public transportation and taxis are very cheap in Morocco. In total it will cost around 150 dirham which is 15 Euros. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask us!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
This host can provide space for campervans.
This host has said they are willing to accept those travelling with a pet.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: