Favourited 296 times
We are a language school situated in Northern Chilean Patagonia. Our goal is to provide cultural exchange between the teachers, travelers and our students. Our model is based around teaching in small sized classes with a semi-flexible curriculum that is focused on the development of communication and interaction skills. We approach English and/or Spanish grammar as something alive and continuously evolving.
We offer you a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in South America, to share your life experience with Chilean people, to get to know their traditions and customs, and finally, to be a part of a great and unforgettable adventure combining working and exploring breathtaking Chilean landscapes painted with volcanoes and lakes.
We will only consider native English speakers, fluency in Spanish is not a requirement, but you must be willing to learn and to communicate with people that only speaks Spanish. Unfortunately, due to the cultural differences in South America, former vegan teachers have struggled to accommodate their lifestyle here,, you might bear that in mind when applying. We also will not be accepting applications from couples.
Help with Computers / internet
This host offers accommodation and payment.
We have a staff of teachers, but we are looking for volunteers to assist in classes and day to day activities, this includes:
- Developing and organizing extra activities for students such as Movie Nights, Dinners, Trekkings, etc.
- Teach prepared recovery classes from staff teachers and level up classes.
- Help in the front desk and other school organization tasks.
- The school is also located in an old Colonial house, so if you are interested in help us with the maintenance you will be welcome
What do we offer?
- Free accommodation with access to all the facilities, WIFI included
- Free access to adventure sports (kayaking, mountain biking, trekking…) according to the season.
- Stipend weekly or monthly according to the length of your stay
Awesome trekkings in National parks, Volcanoes, lake, kayaking, roller derby, pickup futbol, daytrips to nearby cities, information about touristics spots.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week