Favourited 449 times
Hi everyone !
we live in a small village in Provence and we are looking for energetic all round handy people. Ideally 2, couple or friends.
Currently we are renovating a house that we have just bought.
The work is mainly painting, sanding, gardening, and often physical.
So, our helper need to like the outdoors and gardening and have general building or DIY skills.
To be able to communicate easily, specialy during dinner, having basic French is required ++++
If you are positive people, autonomous, if you like to laugh, if you have the sense of humor, if you are motivated and hard worker, we spend a great time together ;)
… and be sure that we will do everything to make you welcome, comfortable and happy to be with us !
If you have specific questions, please feel free to ask me.
We look foward to read you ;)
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
We propose to share our french happy family life during the time you stay with us.
We prefere to speak french with you.
So, If you want to improve your French, discover French culture and food, you are in the right place ;)
The help is house renovation (building, sanding, painting, and renovating wooden furniture...)
and gardening (chopping wood and pruning trees, weeding, plant, cleaning, watering, grass cuthing, …)
So, you have to know a little about this type of work, not be afraid to do physical work and be autonomous.
You must be able to start by 9.00 on working days
Of course, we are flexible, but … we ask our workawayers to respect the exchange and working 5 hours per day.
- The stay is 1 week, But you can stay a little more if we need more help and also everything
if all goes well ...
- We do not do business with our helpers, so we ask you to take part in our family life abnd participate in daily life without that we may need to ask your help. That include, help to clean house, help to prepare lunch or diner, and of course, keep your room tidy and clean.
- We are in a rural situation, the village is located in the heart of a forest (Collobrières, forêt des maures). It's important that you like nature, countryside and its rather slow way of life. If you are looking for more of a city life and want to party late this is not going to be the right place for you ;) ....But, if you like country life, walks in the forest, nature and peace, this is the right place.
- We offer a bedroom with a double bed. For lunch during the week I usually do not cook, so you will prepare yourself your sandwiches, salad, … with whatever's in the kitchen cupboards or in the fridge.... But, for diner and during the week-end I prepare a good meal. We take evening diners together.
- No smoking in the house but outside you can.
- The bigger town near the village is TOULON and HYERES LES PALMIERS (45 minutes by car)
- The station is CUERS-PIERREFEU, 25 minutes by car !
So, be aware that if you do not have a car, it will be very difficult to get around.
Think before coming !
- We have two dogs.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
5 hours per day 5 days a week