Favourited 281 times
Huskies, pets and 2 kids miss a friend to take care and play with them in Lapland very North Finland. Our daughter is 6 years old and our son 2 years old.
Help is needed feeding and cleaning animals, training (at autumn and winter time) and helping with huskies, helping with customers (at winter time), and taking care the kids (usually play, play and play again :) ). If you want, you can take part of housework like cooking or gardening.
Living in the house, own room. One room for both volunteers, we can take couples or friends but we don't take two volunteers who don't know each other. No smoking or drugs. Minimum time should be one month, two months is very nice.
- You will live with the Finnish family, with Finnish style and culture (not 2 hours dinner together, but some other nice habits...)
- You work will depend on the time of year you are here!
- This is family life, not business
- Because many animals and small kids our situation often changes, we can't give to do -list one month before to you, you need to be flexible here
- Muonio is small place (population 2400)
- Muonio is far away from the Middle Europe, you need time and money to get here
- Usually two days off every week, if you work harder, you get holiday, so you can go to visit other places, like Sweden and Norway
Please ask more! Welcome to be a part of our family!
Liisa and the family
Babysitting / child care
Help in the house
You will live with our family so you can see really Finnish family life but also at winter time (Dec - April) you can meet people (tourists) from anywhere in the world.
Everyone can learn to work here if you want be with animals and kids.
Take care and play with pets in Lapland very North Finland. Our daughter is 6 years old and our son 2 years old.
English and Finnish, my husband speaks also German and Swedish
Living in the house, own room. One room for both volunteers, we can take couples or friends but we don't take two volunteers who don't know each other.
You can read more about this area in internet: write Olos, Levi, Ylläs, Muonio or Pallas-Ylläs nationalpark. What to do here depends time of year. At winter you can skiing, cross-country skiing, skating... Other time hiking, walking with a dog, camping, swimming...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: