We are a small family of four with a daughter (3,5 years) and son (almost 1 year) and our 2 dogs Pepper and Walter. We are renewing and renovating almost everything on our property, trying to make it a little paradise. We don't hesitated hard working ourselves, but always with good laughter and breaks.
We are surrounded by beautiful nature and little hills which invite you for nice hikes or ridings. Big cities like Maastricht (25 km) and Aachen (Germany, 8 km) are nearby.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
You'll learn (ofcourse) about the Dutch culture. But you can also experience what comes with renovating an house with natural materials yourself, gardening, food forestry or (green) woodworking.
We are rebuilding (renovating) ourselves an old little farm into a sustainable house with as much ecological materials as possible (wood, loam etc). To get an idea of the 'size' of the renovating project: we've only let the outside walls in authentic conditions, all the rest (including roof and floors) has been taken away. Nowadays it's waterproof again and we are living in 1/3 of the house. During the first 8 years we've lived in a little, nice lodge on the property which will be your accommodation during your stay.
Outside there is 3400 m2 ground on which we want to start an vegetable garden, chicken-cabin, a little foodforest, new fences etc. So there are all kind of different jobs to do and we will look what fits you best. We need reliable and motivated people who can work together with direction, but also on their own. People with skills are more than welcome.
Top 6 for a harmonious stay and just to be clear:
1. We’ll only host non-smokers and non-drugs users.
2. We care about nature, people and our tools, so we expect you to do the same.
3. Tools can only be used after instructions (and under supervision), so that we know there is a minimum change you’ll hurt yourselve (or the tool😉). But still, working at our project is at your own risk.
And make sure you have a health insurance (just in case).
4. Cooking, cleaning, doing groceries and the dishes is part of our family life and can be part of your work.
5. After dinner we'll spend the evening with our family, so than you have to entertain yourself by reading a book, taking a hike, doing yoga etc.
6. Making jokes and being positive are part of the deal 😉
Dutch, English and a bit of German
We are offering a comfortable little lodge, which you’ll share with other workawayers (if around), without wifi and television, but with a wood-burning stove, shower, toilet and kitchen. It’s like a little one room house.
There are bicycles available, which you can use. Bus stop to cities is an 20 min walk.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week, but the schedule is flexible
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: