My name is Johanna. I am the owner of the Surf School and a Swimwear brand. I have started my journey 2 years ago in the Colombian Caribbean, reaching the point of visible growth. I am building my house in a rural neighborhood living with people from the area. I was born in Bogota where after finishing my studies I worked and gained experience in a national corporation. After 11 years I have decided to take the knowledge and make my own business with what I know to do best, living the beach life.
I am a Surfer and a National Bodyboard Champion (2017) which gave me enough experience to make my own functional design of swimwear for women and teaching surf. I became an entrepreneur since I have seen the struggles of women in the sea with their swimsuits. My products are made in Colombia with local labor and materials.
I am a nature lover, with interest in ocean, surfing.
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Ayuda en una granja
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda de caridad
Ayuda con idiomas
Ayuda informática / Internet
Our team will be in the middle of a small rural Colombian community where everyone knows each other, sharing their traditions, culture and cuisine. You will be living in a house built with typical South American architecture experiencing the local lifestyle that includes the beachlife with surfing. We will teach you how to live in harmony with nature in the middle of the jungle.
The girls who opt for the sales in our mobile exhibition, will have the chance to earn a commission based on their sales.
Join us and live the authentic Colombian Caribbean lifestyle.
We are a start-up company located in the heart of the Colombian Caribbean, 3 km away from Tayrona National Park. Our office which is also our house is under construction and is a part of a local community 5 minutes from the main road.
Our brand is starting to grow on the National/ International Market and this is where we need your help. The business is focusing on design, manufacturing and commercialising beach outfit mostly for women. We have different selling points at the hostels in the area and also some mobile exhibition at some of the famous beaches.
What are we looking for:
1. Girls who have some knowledge with sales, enjoy the Beach lifestyle, wear Bikinis, would like to surf and are fluent in english. (Minimum stay- 4 weeks)
2. A handy man, since the house is under construction and we would like to make to finish it up. Skills that we are looking for are carpentry, plumbing or electricians. (Minimum stay- 2 weeks)
3. Since we want to give back to the community, we started to teaching English for the children of the neighborhood. We are looking for a person who can take over and have classes several times a week. (Minimum stay- 2 weeks)
4. If you have good Social Media or Graphics Designs skill and you would like to work on our Brand we want you! (Minimum stay- 2 weeks)
5. If Yoga is an important part of your life, we are looking for Yoga teachers as well. We have daily classes and we are looking for instructors who can take over the classes. (Minimum stay- 3 weeks)
At the moment we have two beds and four Hammocks in a shared area in our nice little house (which is under construction).
There is a kitchen with the basic tools needed to cook that is at your disposal.
We live together with our beloved border collie Jamaica and her puppies who sometimes joins us for surfing classes.
Each member will receive the basic ingredients for food (Rice, pasta, vegetables, flour, salt, oil, sugar and coffee). They have access to the kitchen where they can cook according to their preference.
The convenience store is 8 minutes walk from the house.
You have easy access from the house to the surrounding mountains.
Only 5 minutes from the main road, where you can take the bus to:
Santa Marta (45- 60 min)
Palomino (30- 40 min)
Costeño beach (10- 15 min)
Tayrona (15 min walk to main entrance/ 20 min bus to Calabazo)
Valencia Waterfall ( 25 min)
You have the chance to also do activities in the area such as: surfing, bodyboarding, tubing and horseback riding.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Two positions for: 5 hours/ day, 5 days/ week for Mobile Exhibition- min. 4 weeks. One position: 5 hours/ day 5 days/ week to help us with the house- min. 2 weeks. One position: 5 hours/ day 5 days/ week to help us develop the neighborhood (Teaching Engli