This is an intimate Solar powered Guest Ranch offering guided horse back tours with 4 rooms for guests to stay. We welcome our guests to the hacienda as friends so it is very much a hosted experience.
-->Please read the whole profile BEFORE emailing<--
If you love people and have experience in hospitality, are outgoing, responsible, reliable and you want deliver an epic horseback riding adventure for guests then reach out to us.
We are looking for you if you have a few of the following skills:
- speak (some) Spanish
- know how to drive stick and be a careful and responsible driver
- very good and confident rider and/or have trail guiding experience (more to read about below)
- have experience with hospitality
- know how to present yourself
- like photography
- can commit at least 8 weeks, we prefere a stay of 3-6 months
- be self-confident and have good communication-presentation skills as you deal with customers
- have a positive attitude
In addition to riding, you will help in tasks which includes picking up guests, grocery shopping, hosting dinners and pool parties, doing the photography and more.
Important: For this position your maximum weight is 80kg. Before you are allowed to train a horse or guiding a ride out by yourself, your riding skills will be tested. you will be prevented from riding, if we think your skills and abilities are insufficient. so, please help us to not let this happen :)
Improve the customer´s experience on horseback by giving explanation about the nicaraguan nature to the customers. You are under the authority of the stable manager, Claudia, and the Ranch owner, Blue.
We would like help in the following:
-prepare the horses with western and/or english Equipment
-giving tourists a nice slice about the nature of Nicaragua
-control the Energy of your horse and make sure that the customers are fine on horseback
-follow the instruction of the stable manager to give the best training related to each horse
-make sure that the horses are good Looking (brushed, washed, fed and Treatment of wounds if needed)
-Keep the stable clean (tack room and medical room)
-know-how: all Kind of transitions (walk-trott, trott-canter, canter-trott, canter-walk etc), cantering from a stop or walk, (flying lead changes), shoulder- in and haunches in (english or western style), natural horsemanship groundwork skills are very welcome. If you have a Video of you tacking up a horse and riding, please share it with us.
Let us know if you are interested, tell us something about yourself. We look forward to connecting with you.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Helping closely with the local team you will get the opportunity to improve your Spanish. Riding through the local village of Escemaquita you get to interact on a daily basis with your new neighbours, and driving into town for supplies or to pick up guests there is always the opportunity to give a lift to our neighbours. Through our connections with the local school there is the opportunity to volunteer there too.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
What we would like from you:
- a two months commitment
- someone who has experience in hospitality and enjoys hosting international guests
- experienced horsemanship, ideally, have led trail rides previously, in case we are looking for help with the trail rides
- someone with intermediate or higher level Spanish, be very comfortable in nature, and be interested in exploring a sustainable, off-grid lifestyle
- someone well traveled and comfortable living in a foreign culture. Ideally this is not your first time to Central America
- someone who enjoys photography and is willing to photograph our tours and do post editing of the images
The ranch is 20 minutes from the surf beach town of San Juan del Sur. Hours are by no means fixed. There is always something going on at the Ranch. We are looking for you if you'd like to have fun with us and our guests and if you don't look at the clock to see when your work is done.
If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in ecotourism and likes the idea of living abroad in Central America, then this posting is for you!
We provide a room, 3 meals a day, cell phone, internet access as well as tip sharing.
We are 20 minutes from the bustling little town of San Juan Del Sur. For those surfers amongst you we are 5 minutes from Yankee and Escemaquita Beach! And a little more from Hermosa and Romanso Beach. In this part of the world the beaches are stunning and the surf legendary!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 6 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: