Are you looking for placements in the country but not to far from modern life? If so, Cam Duc is your place.
We are a small team of young, ambitious and out-going women who strike to connect our students with the rest of the world.
We aim to create an authentic learning environment for local kids and young adults. Limited interaction with foreigners has narrowed their opportunities to practice English. In Cam Duc, many young adults cannot afford college (financially or intellectually), therefore good English is their only chance to get a good job. Those difficulties make them even more motivated to learn English.
Babysitting / child care
This is a great immersion in the local culture which involves delicious local food, amazing natural sights and tourist attractions as well as hours of chatting and having fun with the locals.
The biggest market in town is within walking distance from the school with fresh, tasty and very cheap local fruits, vegetables, snack, desserts and many things else. Students and local teachers will be glad to accompany you for a fun and cultural discovering shopping tour. Please feel free to ask if you would like companions.
We provide a guide for local food upon request. Again, it's a lot of fun to eat out with students and local teachers.
Students and local teachers are often excited to teach you some basic Vietnamese if you are interested. Linguistic exchange sections are always full of fun and laughter.
Ideally, volunteer teachers are
- English native speakers
- or certified English teachers with good accent
- or confident in the classroom, love kids and has some teaching experience
- willing to do other tasks when needed
Volunteers are required to help with:
- teaching English to kids/teens/adults (for more or less 15 hours per week, 30 mins lesson planning for every 90 minutes teaching is included in the working hour)
- helping local team members practice English
- babysitting cute Mia (unless you can resist her cuteness)
- cleaning the volunteer room (the day before you leave)
Classes are normally 90 mins in the evening (5:00 - 9:00, Mon - Sat), in the afternoon (on Fridays and Saturdays) and also in the morning (Fri - Sun).
- We require smart casual dress code at school. Jeans and T-shirts are OK but NOT shorts, tank tops and flip-flops. We have a small collection of proper outfits in case you only have travel-themed ones ;)
- Lesson planning must be taken seriously. An experienced teacher often needs about half an hour to prepare for a 1.5 hour lesson. Local teachers are glad to assist with lesson planning when needed.
- I always write SINCERE feedback for volunteers after their stay.
- It's a private air-conditioned room with en-suite bathroom
- About 5 km from the school.
- You are provided with a SCOOTER to commute so it's necessary that you feel comfortable riding one with/without a passenger for 10 km a day.
- Food is provided.
To save some time for both sides, please mention these in your initial message:
1. When you plan to come
2. How long you want to stay
3. If you are an English native speaker
4. In case English is not your mother tongue:
4a. if you have an accent
4b. if you have English proficiency qualifications/certifications
5. If you have teaching experience
5a. the setting where you teach
5b. age groups of your students
6. How well you can ride scooters
7. What other tasks you are willing to do or offer to help
After confirming to host you, I'll send you a transportation guide and a program induction. These two documents are extremely helpful to get you catch up from Day 1. So make sure you spend time to read them carefully and feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
20 hours per week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: