Favourited 890 times
This is a family run organization based in Puerto Viejo that is dedicated to environmentalism. We are located in the jungle just a kilometer away from the beach (10 minute walk or 5 minute bike ride). We are involved in a wide range of projects that include a campaign for a plastic free Caribbean, protecting turtles, and environmental education for local children. Another big part of what we do is provide accommodation and coordinate educational learning experiences for young adults from Europe. We also operate a Spanish school in downtown Puerto Viejo and a conservation project on the Osa Peninsula. We welcome people from all backgrounds to be a part of our multicultural community. We are looking for experienced support (from 25 yrs) with creative, interesting and professional skilled people that would like to live and support us here in thooa beautiful location.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You’ll have ample opportunities to practice your Spanish. For those staying longer, you can take Spanish classes at our school when there is space. We have weekly yoga and Latin dance classes here on the property free of charge. Through your involvement in our plastic free campaign and our environmental kids club you will meet local businesses and residents. There is lots to explore in the surrounding area as well. Puerto Viejo offers surfing, wildlife, music, local markets, and plenty of great restaurants.
As a fairly young family-run organization, we have many projects that we’re working on. We look for workawayers with unique skill sets who are interested in being part of the solution. We like to help you identify your goals and purpose for your time with us and pair you with projects that fit your skills and interests.
Intermediate Spanish is a big plus and necessary requirement to become a integrated member for our projects. If this sounds like it might be a good fit for you please write us and let us know what areas you’d interested in providing support.
Some of the current projects and needs we have:
- Support our local team at our accommodation with coordination of arrival and welcoming new volunteers, giving an introduction and help to install everyone and explain how to get around
- Help with general duties such as food ordering, maintaining
-Help developing and updating our online content and building online visibility. Also, we are looking for help with our social media!
-Lend a hand in our overgrown garden. We want to grow more of the food that we consume here at the volunteer house.
- We are partnering with schools and universities from US, Australia and California that bring groups of students to Costa Rica for conservation and community projects. We need help establishing more contacts, outreach and expanding this program.
-Help with funding. Many of our projects do not generate any revenue and we would like help looking for grants and creative ways to raise money.
-Facilitating activities and teaching classes for our local childs and also for the volunteers.
-Artists to help paint murals and mandalas.
- Improve our conservation projects and propose new ones.
We are prioritizing professionals in the following areas who would like to support our team for at least 6 weeks, preferably more.
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️ International fundraising and NGO support:
· Previous experience working in an NGO
· Good skills and experience in communication with donors and fundraising
· Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages are welcome.
*Environmental Education assistant:
· Experienced in education with focus on environmental topics and creative workshops with art, music, recycled materials, languages, etc.
· Fluent in English and Spanish. Other languages are welcome, especially German.
*Coordination and Host
· Experienced in guest relation management, good organizing skills and multitasking.
· Fluent in English, intermediate Spanish and German
IMPORTANT: We strongly advise the volunteers to come with a travel health insurance and we will prioritize those that come with one and the ones that can stay for 2+months.
You’ll share a room with a bathroom with other workaway volunteers. Breakfast and dinner are included in your stay and we can provide vegan or vegetarian meals upon request. We are located in the jungle just inland from Playa Cocles, a short way from Puerto Viejo. We have a social, yet quiet atmosphere. Our facilities include a large open air dining area, a swimming pool, and a yogadeck where you also can relax in a hammock. There are generally 10 – 25 people staying with us at a time and our family of 5, plus our dogs and coco the cat.
Federico is from Colombia and grew up living the city life before moving into nature and spending his young adulthood living with several indigenous tribes. Beate is from Germany and has traveled all over the world. Their shared passion for the environment led them both to Costa Rica and they met working on a turtle project. Both their organization and their family reflects the rich blend of European and South American cultures. Their three children were all born and raised in Costa Rica and are trilingual.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours, 5 days a week, 2-3 months