We’re a not-for-profit eco-lodge and education centre with the goal to make the world a much better place through education and a bit of technology.
The institute is located in 100 acres of bush in Raglan, New Zealand. We cater for a wide range of groups wanting to experience the magic of Mount Karioi, the tranquil bush and the recharge of the west coast.
We do this with 3 main activities at the centre:
1. We host eco-tech camps
2. We are an accredited facility to train teachers
3. We provide leadership development to businesses.
As a not-for-profit, we use all net proceeds from our programs to subsidise and sponsor schools to use the camp.
DIY and building projects
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
You will learn about the local bush, animals and Maori culture.
- We are looking for people who will appreciate our quiet setting, have a passion for learning new things, have a strong work ethos and happy to get their hands dirty.
- Backgrounds in tech, sustainability, science, teaching or building would be a plus as we will be constructing a giant maker space and workshop for the kids to turn their ideas into things. We are taking the camp off-grid. And we need to build some new learning spaces!
- We also need some general help around the lodge for people who wish to stay shorter term and do basic cleaning, reception etc
- Valid work or working holiday visa for NZ is required
Shared cabin in the bush near shared staff kitchen and shared staff bathrooms.
Raglan is a world-famous surf town but is also more locally known for its environmental movements. Raglan has been voted one of NZ most beautiful towns. There is so much to do around this area for outdoor lovers, sailing, surfing, biking, hiking etc
Our lodge is 10 minutes outside of the main town so you will want to have your own transport to get around
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Max 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week