Favourited 329 times
This hostel is the project of Manish from Chitwan, who moved to Kathmandu to open a hostel, event space and cafe that focuses on bringing locals and travelers together.
This hostel is one of a kind in Kathmandu and we trying really hard to make it artistic, cool and cozy- but it's gonna take a lot of work, that's why we need your help! Manish has an amazing vision of this place and for that we are looking for many types of people with different skills.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Computers / internet
With this volunteering experience you will get a chance to learn about running a business for tourists. I will help volunteers to see Nepal and travel here as locals and I am willing to share my knowledge about Nepal from very practical to cultural points. I know all of the best places to hang out and see the city and I can share my experience of all the best local eateries.
- Artists and anybody who could help with decoration and has creative ideas. Artists who can paint murals or sections of the building are very welcome.
- Marketing professionals or anyone with related experience
- Garden or landscapers
- Web-developers who can give us training how WordPress works and help with creating the website.
- Carpenters/Wood work- Anyone with experience in building or using wood to make furniture is greatly appreciated.
- Anyone with experience running a business/start-up hostel and can share their knowledge or experience in such matters.
For the hostel I have rented a big 5 floor house with LOTS of potential, it is in a good condition but still needs some decorative touches to be ready for guests. Volunteers be provided with accommodation in a dorm room of 6 beds and in cases of long hours also be provided with food.
It will be a fun environment as we all will be staying like a team and helping each other with the project.
We will be working in the heart of Kathmandu so volunteers will be close to Thamel and famous historical monuments of the city. Volunteers will be able to use their time-off to explore all the sights. There are various transportation links around our place and I will be open to help with any other questions.
If I am available, I could take volunteers to show the sights and nightlife of Kathmandu on weekends.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: