We are a chain of haciendas at the South and North of Ecuador and at the City of Quito.
We have been working at Cayambe for around a year were we've enjoyed a lot the chance we have to serve and share with tourist from all over the world the passion they have to travel and visit all the great places around our country.
We offer tours leaving from the hacienda, overlooking Cayambe city, that explore the amazing area and landscape surrounding the Cayambe Volcano. We are looking for someone who is motivated to help practically with horses as well as leading and guiding rides, who enjoys working with people - both guests and the team at the hacienda.
First of all, The people here are friendly nice and hard working, we are like a family and we would love to exchange some cultural facts of our country with the person coming.
You would also have the chance to travel to different places in your days off and go in shared tours if is it possible.
If you want to practice your spanish then this is the place, since many of the workers are spanish speakers but with some english knowledge already they would love to share with you all the 'new words' you will need to understand Ecuadorians faster.
We are looking for…
A sociable, adventurous and independent person with lots of horse experience, who will help us with:
- Leading rides as a guide with groups of differing sizes and of various abilities.
- Getting to know a variety of routes in the local area appropriate for different ride lengths and levels.
- bringing in, grooming and saddling of the horses before and after the rides.
- The practical daily tasks of looking after horses (feeding, watering, maintaining fields and grazing, basic health/ veterinary care, shoeing, cleaning and maintaining equipment etc.).
- Maintaining the horses physical fitness and training appropriate for trail rides.
- Identifying and addressing horses behaviour that need individual work.
- Maintaining shared living spaces.
Accommodation is in shared quarters.
You also have amazing food prepared by a professional cook. (3 meals at day)
Laundry and dryer
Ideally you would want to help for a minimum of 3 months; speak English, Spanish (preferably), any other languages are useful.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 5 Hours a day, 5 days at week