There are three people in my family, my wife Snow, 6-year-old daughter Elsa and I, Leo. We live in three bedrooms apartment in the center of Guilin. We like travelling. I used to cycling two months in Tibet from Lhasa to Mountain Kailash. In 2010 my wife and I traveled according Silk Road from Pakistan, Iran, Turkey, Greece, Italy, France, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, Israel to Egypt. In 2014 we traveled two months in Tuscany and Sicily area. In 2015 we spent one month in America and another one month in Peru.
Our family really like Chinese traditional culture such as Confucian, Daoist, Buddhism. My wife and I really like meditation. We used to do Vipassana for several times. We do meditation everyday and if you like to do meditation, we can share this experience with you. In this Spring our family went to Ananda Village in California and stayed for two months. My daughter now can communicate with English speaking people using some basic sentences.
The tasks you will do are:
1. Teaching 6-year-old daughter Elsa spoken English per hour per day.
2. Teaching my wife Snow spoken English per hour per day.
3. Just like family members keep the room clean. Now my wife cooks the meals, Elsa collects all the bowls and plates after meals. I wash all the kitchenware and mop the floor. You may also join with us keep the room cozy and clean.
4. My wife is good at Chinese cuisine and if you are interested, she can teach you how to cook Chinese cuisine. If you’d like you may also cook some western meals from time to time.
5. Every Tuesday and Thursday night I provide the nature education for the local kids in Seven-Star park. I also invite you to join with us playing with kids in nature.
6. We will go to work or school at daytime in workdays. Like family members you may use all the utilities such as washing machine, WIFI, DVD and so on. You may explore all the travelling sites by yourself quite easy because we live in a convenient place of the city.
Because the mainly task is teaching two ladies spoken English in my family, we prefer FEMALE fluent English speaking people. Wish that you have a nice holiday in Guilin.
The room for the guests used be the study room. So that there are many books in the bookcase. We bought a double sofa bed from IKEA for your sleeping.
Seven Star Park ------ 2.1 km ------ half hour by walking
Pedestrian Street ------ 3.9 km ------ 40 minutes by Bus 206
Elephant Trunk Hill ------ 4.2 km ------ 45 minutes by Bus 206
Reed Flute Cave ------ 9.2 km ------ Bus 206 change Bus 3
Yao mountain ------ 7.1 km ------ Bus 24
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week