Favourited 97 times
We are 19th c built winery in Kardenakhi village of Kakheti region in Georgia. Our primary product is wine. Our estate is located on the central road from Tbilisi to Tsnori. It takes 1 hour drive from Tbilisi. Kardenakhi is a historical village, and a heartland of winemaking. It takes only 10 minutes to drive to one of the most popular destinations in Georgia - Sighnaghi.
DIY and building projects
Travelers will be introduced to the Georgian culture primarily. They will better understand its social texture, and the region itself offers the possibility to visit numerous cultural sites from ancient to modern.
We need help in our chores during June-October 2021 The volunteers are welcome assisting us in rebuilding 19c winery and surrounding land plot. We are particularly looking for those who can assist us construction projects, which includes beton works, painting projects, woodworks (setting up the fence, renovating old windows, doors, etc), welding and other non-professional construction working activities. Please note all construction projects are done by the family members with the help of workers in specific cases when the professional involvement is necessary but we do not ask volunteers to be involved in such activities. On top of these, we would be happy to host the volunteers who can be engaged in art, and gardening projects. Web-designers and bloggers are welcomed too to help us with our web-pages. Also, we would be happy to assist with the free lodging to any freelancers working on Georgian/Regional social and cultural related projects, travelers, researchers, etc.
Below are the works we intend to finish in 2021:
- fencing the estate - it does not require specific skills, it involves cementing metal poles and fixing metal net on them.
- renovating old windows and doors - here too not much skills are needed, however it needs diligent approach, that's about removing old parts, cleaning them and installing them back.
- painting - there are lot's of things to be covered in paints.
- land activities - there are lot's of work with land, dig it somewhere and put it somewhere.
- gardening - anyone with experience in flowers, decorative landscaping could help us to beatify living parts of the estate.
- web - someone with the skills of web design, blogging could help us with our webpage to make it more advanced and increase the traffic.
- art - we don't need any help in that, however we are ready to host artist, any kind, could be a person who writes and is requires peaceful place or anyone in any kind of contemporary art, or painting, we are ready to provide an accommodation.
Besides we have other minor activities like removing old coating, cleaning and such non-professional but time-consuming chores.
Volunteers are expected to stay in a living block in the winery estate which has 7/24 water running, hot water, gas and electricity, it is an old, not-yet-renovated house and do not expect the hotel-type accommodation please.
Rooms are mostly for 2 persons, also 1 person can stay too. Currently, there are 3 rooms equipped and they can host 7 persons, there are 3 additional rooms that could be equipped in case of necessity. House includes small kitchen. Toilet and bathroom is located separately. WiFi is provided for free.
We will provide the volunteers with all necessary ingredients for meals upon their diet requirements, as a standard, it will contain meat, bread, rice, beans, vegetables, dairy products, fruits on regular basis. Guests are expected to cook for themselves.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We can host digital nomads. Our internet is G4 based hotspot available for 24/7.
Feel free to park inside our estate, we can host any vehicle.
We love pets!
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week