Looking for outgoing travel-lovers to cook and socialize for cultural exchange.
Come live in the downtown core of the French Canadian city of Montreal, in the cafe/bar/artistic area of Plateau. We humorous and friendly people who love music, travel and fitness. You'll meet Joey, his brother (Julian), who is hilarious, gay, and easy to make friends with, the friend group, to include both English and French Canadians.
Staying here will fast-track you to all the little secrets and best spots of Montreal, and give you easy access to all the attraction and events of montreal at large. In our apartment we have an easle and paint, as well as a record player. During the day, explore the city. You can sit in the evening with a tea and paint while listening to old records. At night, go out and meet some very friendly Canadians
We're looking for someone who loves live music, art, meeting new people, and wouldn't shy away from weekend nature/camping trips.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
It's up to your creativity to plan, shop for and prepare food as part of a fitness plan. The meals you prepare are to your own design, but you'll need to use a weight-scale and math to ensure that the right number of calories and grams of protein are being prepped everyday. Most meals will be prepared to be taken away in tupperware/plastic containers. For these purposes, when you work is up to you and very flexible!!
For example, prepare meals for 5000 calories per day and 230 grams protein per day. What is in each meal? Doesn't have to be tasty!! Just the right numbers.
Some light house work would also be good. Maybe laundry etc.
This 92 square meter apartment is very centrally located in the cafe/bar/artistic area of Plateau. The apartment is a 2 bedroom with a kitchen and a large living room. You will have a private, furnished bedroom.
There are all the appliances, internet access, access to a bicycle, a balcony, pharmacy and grocery nearby. We often have couch surfers and are social people, so expect to meet lots of other travellers while you stay here.
There is literally 1000 things to do within 1 minute walking, 5 minutes walking, or 10 minutes bike ride.
- Bikram Hot Yoga: montreal.mokshayoga.ca/our_studio/teachers/
- Chocolate dessert restaurant: julietteetchocolat.com/en/content/8-menu
- O Noir (pitch black restaurant): onoir.com/montreal/en/2012/08/slide-culinary-flare/
- quiet candle-lit late night cafes and cozy restaurants.
- tons of clubs.
- TAM TAMS (huge Sunday drum circle) travelfootprints.ca/2012/07/montreal-tam-tams-a-free-event-of-music-and-entertainment
- Vintage and amazing thrift shops: leacocks.com/FeaturesBlog/top-5-vintage-clothing-shops/
- Gym nearby with an outdoor heated pool (26/27 degrees, still open and heated in winter) + a pool bar and tennis courts
- All the attractions, art and events of Montreal: tripadvisor.ca/Attractions-g155032-Activities-Montreal_Quebec.html
- indoor surfing:
-POUTINE in the restaurant: La Banquise (994 Rue Rachel E - Metro Sherbrooke
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 3 hours a day, 5 days a week