We are a young backpacker hostel chain in India with two popular hostels currently operational in New Delhi and Varanasi (soon expanding to more cities across India)i, founded by a traveler couple with an aim of addressing youth travel needs across India by setting up the first ever chain of social and exploration oriented travelers hostels across the country.
We are inviting travelers to be a part of this exciting journey by interning with us, helping us make the place even more fun than it already is. Come join in and be a part of this fun-filled journey with us!
See you soon at Hostels
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We need help from creative artists to help add color to our beautiful young hostels and photographers/bloggers to help us capture and spread the word.
We have a fully functional team taking care of the hostel and running it very successfully, however we need traveler interns to add value in following areas:
1. Interact with other travelers in the hostel, help with basic questions about the city, train bookings, events, facilities in the hostel etc. People who have manned the reception before could be a great fit! Manning the Front desk and helping the staff communicate even better in English is the name of the job.
2. Show other travelers around the city. Help organize and conduct tours or special communal activities such as yoga classes, paint nights, Bollywood screenings etc.
3. Paint the hostel and make it even more beautiful. Should have past / current work to reference.
4. Write Blogs - Folks who have a live blog need apply, or past writing work to reference!
5. Can photograph or make videos- not just as a hobby - but have the right equipment- a SLR at least for photography and for videos at least a decent mike with the SLR.
6. Teach staff better their English or IT skills. It would help add a lot of value towards grooming unskilled labor into skill advancement and career growth.
Other Must Haves:
1. Should be able to speak and write well in English to be able to make sure that they are able to communicate with the team.
2. Should be passionate about exploring and hence should be able to gather knowledge about the city very quickly. We are looking for someone who loves to walk, read and observe and then share with other people else there is no point in working at a travelers hostel.
Also, Please note:
1. We are very particular about the timings of volunteering hours. Please do report for your shift on time. Late reporting to volunteering shifts is highly discouraged. The shift timings once decided mutually will usually not be altered unless there is a pressing need at either end.
2. Please make sure that the tasks that we agree to complete at the beginning of the internship are brought to a logical conclusion. If in a few days after the allotment of the task you feel that the task needs more time, please communicate, else we will assume that the agreed time is sufficient for the task.
3. We place a lot of value on our internship program and are very serious about it. We have had some great work come out of this program and unfortunately, have also have had some non performing interns, which was extremely sad. We hope you will strive to be part of the first category rather than the second.
4. Your contribution to the hostel will be reviewed on a weekly basis, with feedback given for improvement/ modification. If we feel that you are not fit for the task assigned, we reserve the right to modify your task and change your shift timings accordingly. In extreme instances of continued under performance/ non performance, we reserve the right to ask you to leave in the middle of the internship at 1 week notice.
5. During the internship, we may request you to move from one dorm to another if ever the need arises. However, we strive our best to avoid such situations.
6. You should be enthusiastic to learn about the city you are working in. Ignorance about the city even after two weeks of interning is just an indicator that you are not a traveler at heart. So go ahead and use the rest of your day to know the city you are working in :) so that you can guide the other travelers :)
7. Please note that we expect 28 hours per week and give out internship engagements for minimum a month (4 weeks), extendable with mutual consent. However, please note that in case you decide to end the internship before the end of 4 weeks, you will be required to pay for the services availed at the hostel as a normal guest would. This is a well thought out policy to be able to clearly differentiate between committed interns and eager travelers. :)
1. Free stay in our 8 bed AC mixed dorm (April to September) and 14 bed non-AC mixed dorm (October to March), Linen included
2. Free Breakfast every morning and Chai every evening
3. Free access to unlimited high-speed Wi-fi
4. Free access to Fully Serviced kitchen
5. Free access to common spaces to hangout
6. Lots of tours and opportunities to explore the place
7. Opportunity to work closely with local staff to understand local culture and ways of doing business
8. Free access to hostel library to learn more about the city and India, musical instruments to have fun and company of awesome travelers from different parts of the globe for an even more enriching experience.
1. Varanasi is a culturally rich and one if the oldest living city in the world and a must visit tourist destination for a quintessential India experience.
2. We are located right in the heart of the city, with easy and cheap access to all major tourist destinations as well as convenience markets for daily needs and some great food! :)
3. We are the topmost hostel in Varanasi, and maintain extremely high hygiene standards for our guests, staff as well as interns. Hence, the only thing you will have to worry about while interning with us is the task assigned and exploring the beautiful city seriously! :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
4 to 5 hours a day 5 days a week