We are building a horses Sanctuary in Chucuito, a small village with a beautiful view over the lake. We need your help!
We want to provide a safe space for horses, where they can live as natural as possible. Our vision is to connect people with horses in a different way; a relationship with respect and confidence & without violence.
We are a living in a tough place with difficult weather, everything is very intense here at 3.850 meters. Physical and mental strength, sensitivity & compassion is needed for our place. We need help from people with discipline, willing to work and with a sense of responsibility.
You'll help us building the Sanctuary : walls, fences for our horses to move freely, roofs for them to be protected against the rain and sun, take care of our animals: 18 horses, 4 dogs and a lovely cat, help us plant alfalfa and oats so we can be independent on food for the animals.
Only fluent Spanish speakers & a minimum stay of 1 MONTH
- Taking care of the horses: feeding, taking care of them, clean their environment, bringing them up to the fields, ...
- Maintaining our place: gardening, repairing, building, improving, ...
- Building: walls and fences for the horses at our land, roofs, ...
- Plant & grow: our own food, harvest, fertilize earth with horse droppings, ...
- Accompanying horseback riding Tours with tourists
- Marketing activities for the "sanctuary" on internet!
Cooking / shopping
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
You will be living in a traditional stone house at the Titicaca lake - 3.850 meters altitude.
You will be living with horses, connecting with horses, taking care of horses, learning about and from horses.
Learn how agriculture works in this special area, practical things like building a fence, building a wall, putting windows, ... You will connect with local people and with people from all over the world.
Gain physical and mental strength due to the weather conditions and the physical work!
- Taking care of our 18 horses
- Cleaning (coral and horses)
- Feeding the animals
- Taking care of animals food; gardening and harvesting
- Cleaning the house we all stay in
- Gardening public and private places
- Building and moving fences for our horses
- Building the house and stables for the sanctuary
- Helping with tourists: assisting them riding on our short riding tours
- Take photos and create media content/material
- Helping on social media to promote our Healing Place for Horses and Humans
- Helping on sales, help us to promote the programs we are offering.
People profiles we NEED:
- Horse whisperer
- Horse Healers, Animal Comunication
- Ostheopaths, Homeopaths for Horses
- Horse experienced
- Natural Huf care specialists
- Knowledge about maintenance: hufs, building, electricity, plumbing, etc.
- Marketing and sales
Our place is very simple and kind of beautiful, no comfort at all. The house where we will live is more than 100 years old. We have very simple rooms, each with max. two or three beds. The rooms are in the main house, with separate entrances. There is no heating and it can get very cold at night. The bathroom with toilet and shower is outside the building and very simple ( close to the horses). Hot Water is available. Volunteers have their own small and simple kitchen/Living room and can cook there. We offer hot lunch everyday (vegetarian options available).
From Puno: you need to get to the Colectivo's (small bus) Puno's bus station (Terminal Terrestre) heading to Chucuito. The voyage take about 30 minutes and costs 1,5 Soles.
Surrounding: Tours around the Titicaca lake, Tours to Bolivia, hiking, kayak, boat tours, traditional celebrations in Puno and Chucuito, ...
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours per day (max 25 hours/week)
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: