In Chucuito, a small village with a beautiful view over the lake, we are establishing a "sanctuary" for Horses from the very beginning . We want to provide a space and sorrounding for horses, where they can live as natural as possible.
Our vision is to connect people with horses in a different way. A relationship with respect and confidence and without violence.
We are a taff place with a lot of work and the weather, the energy and everything here at 3.850 meters is very intense. You need physical and mental strenght and sensitivity/compassion for our place. Our day starts at 5.30 am. And we neeed help from people with discipline and a sense of responsibility.
We are building the infrastructure and take care of our horses. We also have dogs, cats and chicken to take care of. We are planting alfalfa and oats for the animals food. We build fences/walls that our horses can move freely and roofs for their protection of sun and rain. We take care of them and "work" with them.
We offer Horse back riding around Lake Titicaca for clients. Short Tours of 1 and 2 hours. We use riding pads and bitless briddles for riding. We don´t offer riding for volunteers who don´t have experience in riding bitless without saddles.
We need people who speak fluently spanish,
The main work is to establish the place, that the horses can be safe there and to do maintainance like feeding, cleaning, brushing, guiding the horses.
1 MONTH IS THE MINIMUM STAY WE OFFER
We need help in:
- Building walls and fences for the horses at our land
- Building canals to provide enough water
- Taking care of horses, cleaning, feeding, bringing to the fields, improving their conditions.
- Maintaining our place, cleaning, gardening, repairing, establishing
-Cultivating, harvesting, carrying food to the deposits, fertilizing earth with horse droppings.
- Guiding, accompanying Tours with tourists (guiding only when you are experienced in our riding style)
- Marketing activities for the "sanctuary" in Peru and all over the world.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
Living in a traditional stone house at the titicaca lake, 3.850 meters altitude.
Living with horses, connecting with horses, taking care of horses, learning about and from horses.
How agriculture works in this special area
Practical things like building a fence, constructing a wall, putting windows...
Connect with local people
Connecting with people from all over the world
physical and mental strenght because of the weather conditions and a lot of physical work
Tasks to do in the ranch:
- Taking care of our 16 horses
- Cleaning (coral and horses)
- Feeding the animals
- Taking care of animals food; gardening and harvesting
- Cleaning "La Casa" we all stay in
- Gardening public and private places
- Building and moving fences for our horses
- Building the house and stables for the sanctuary
- Take photos and create media content/material
- Helping with tourists: Assisting them riding on our short riding tours
- Helping on social media to promote our Healing Place for Horses and Humans
- Helping on sales, help us to promote the programs we are offering.
People profiles we NEED.
- Horse whisperer
- Horse Healers, Animal Comunication
- Ostheopaths, Homeopaths for Horses
- Horse experienced
- Natural Huf care specialists
- Knowledge about maintenance: hufs, building, electricity, plumbing, etc.
- Marketing and sales
SPANISH SPEAKING PEOPLE
We can only accept spanish speaking volunteers
Our place is very simple and kind of beautiful. There is no comfort at all. The house where you will live is more than 100 years old. We have very simple rooms, each with max. two or three beds. The rooms are in the main house, with separate entrances. There is no heating and it can get very cold at night. The bathroom with toilet and shower is outside the building and very simple ( close to the horses). Hot Water is available. Volunteers have their own small and simple kitchen/Living room and can cook there.
6 times a week we provide lunch.
Tours around the titicaca lake, Tours to bolivia, Hiking, Kayak, Boat Tours, a lot of traditional celebrations takes place in Puno and Chucuito.
You can reach our place from Puno with a colectivo (a small bus) which will leave from a "paradero" near by Puno´s bus station and costs 1,5 Soles. We are about 18 km away from Puno.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours per day (max 25 hours/week)