With a cozy atmosphere that can make anyone feel at home, we provide a dorm bed and breakfast to all our volunteers and amazing cultural exchange experience.
Life experience in a melting pot of various cultures.
Fun relaxed work environment.
Make lifelong friends.
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Volunteers will be staying in a safe and central location in Cape Town, within walking distance of many main spots of the city. Volunteers will be able to engage with guests from all over the world, as well as experience the cultural diversity within South Africa.
We are looking for friendly sociable people who are willing to help us and make a difference in our lodge - of course, while enjoying the amazing city of Cape Town and having an amazing cultural experience!
Your duties will be:
• Running the front of house during the day
• Chatting to guests about what to do in Cape Town while they are visiting
• Daily stock control
• Running competitions and events
• Checking guests in and out of bookings
• Entry of all lodge income and expenses onto our property management system
• Answering phones and Making bookings
• Daily room checks
• Selling tours
We require people who are:
• Passionate about guest service
• Have a flair for interacting with people from all over the world
• Brilliant communication skills
• Team player (There is no "I' in team)
• Reliable - (do what you say and provide solutions not problems)
• Good English (!)
• Flexibility between 8 am and 11 pm daily
• Be proficient on Computers (Excel, Word, Cloud-based systems e.g. Hostel Management Software)
• Self Starters. We have various new projects running. Come make a difference!
Free shared accommodation and breakfast. You can use our kitchen and other things that are in the hostel.
Our Backpackers is a 10-minute walk from the V&V Waterfront at the foothills of Signal Hill. Local restaurants, pubs and a supermarket are a 2-minute walk away. The beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay are a short bus ride away. We have a great bar, a swimming pool, free internet and WiFi and a satellite sports channel tv. We are also a pick-up and drop-off point for the Baz Bus!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
we have a 100mgb fibre line uncapped, its more than enough to work with.
we are pet friendly, we also have a dog in the hostel, Doby, sweet sweet boy that lives with us.
More than two
Up to 25 hours help a week (4-5 hours, 5 days a week, with 2 days off)