Disclaimer 1 - Travel Plans: Presently in Brighton, England, this is where the work away is based, although the physical base, the mobile project itself is on in Tromsø, Norway.
Disclaier 2: Here in Brighton, social distancing is a a thing that I respect, but as a person,with regards to my work, as a way of life, it is polar opposite to my beliefs. After some consideration, I can host a workaway, who is understading of the social distncing and that the work will involve us spending more time together than before. Typically we would do some stuff online, I would get dressed up and we would drive to a scenic location ad we would make videos which we would send to individuals throughout the world to lift their spirits. We may also do quizzes online and other events that I would appreciate your help to manage. ~The pace of life has slowed down!
My name is Pablo, and I am best known as my alter ego, and it is my aim to serve my Mission, live by my Vision and strive for my Dream, making the most of my skills and qualifications to educate and entertain myself and others to learn, to grow, to live, and in the process create lots of pockets of joy through spreading positive energy!
In brief, my purpose, as my alter ego, is to make people smile, to lead them to think, appreciate each other's unique qualities and challenges, to take control of their lives, and to give them the freedom to feel, think and dream by offering them a vicarious insight into the the truth of my life and lifestyle in its full ugly beauty, through the sharing of words, pictures and videos as I voyage, do things, and meet people - "Be Part of My Adventure!", that's my tagline.
To give you a little history, my project arose somewhere between inspiration and desperation, when I began to question what it was that I wanted from my life, what made me happy, and what I wanted to achieve with it, and so in 2016, I started sleeping in my car doing star jumps for a living with the sole aim of making others smile and in the process accelerated my progress in mental, physical, spiritual, emotional and financial development and success, a return to the very essence of what was my life before I was adopted from an orphanage in Brazil by an English family and effectively 'given' this life of possessions with instructions on how to express oneself and what one should do with one's skills and qualifications; another one of my taglines - "I've got skills and qualifications, but I'd rather do star jumps"
To date I am most famous for spreading joy on the streets (dancing on the streets in spandex and flowers in my hair, glitter on my face, with a sign that says free positive energy, offering free chalk, free glitter, with a clearly defined Mission, Vision and Dream) at all times of the day from 8am on a Monday, when some are at their most miserable, to 3am on a Saturday, when others are at their most elated, in various countries telling tales of the truth of my adventurous trials and tribulations on social media in words, videos, and pictures, in films or tv programs, connections with other artists, in radio podcasts, talks, or alternatively in some of the new films that I have been producing in collaboration with other artists.
It all started with a question:
Q: "If you only had one life what would you do with it?"
A: "Live, Laugh, Learn, Love, Cry"
Now though, The World Tour has started!
I have conducted the first leg (From England through France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, to Norway).
The life defining legacy of the project I am working towards is to undertake the World Tour, to circumnavigate the globe doing this thing that I have refined, making films, volunteering, learning, growing, evolving, sharing, and brightening lives of those I meet in person, and online giving millions a free experience to take Norwayor leave as they please, I do not run a crowdfunding, a patreon, or am branded with advertsing, or charge any subscription whatsoever (believing that if I spread free positive energy, then free means free - take it or leave it, and take what you will even if none of it makes sense immediately).
Now, this is where I need your help- this is why I am here on Workaway; wondering who might want to join me in this epic adventure hands on for a week or two or more even.....you?!
I need help, in various simple forms and I would love to join with passionate like minds - that’s why I am here!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Computers / internet
Explore new towns, cities, countries through people, through the adventure.
Have an experience of a lifetime, and learn and grow, plus make a tangible difference in the lives of many.
Learn lots and lots about yourself and others form the art of giving.
Have a lot of fun and develop your sense of play - no two days with me are every remotely the same!
Develop new skills, and improve your dancing!
Improve your social media and press management skills, plus entrepreneurial skills.
Improve your English in all forms:
- If you are a native speaker or and writer, this is an opportunity to refine and use those skills.
If English is not your native Language, and you wish to improve it, you most likely will. I am experienced, language-passionate, and qualified English Tutor who is more than happy to help you with your oral fluency and pronunciation. Asides, you will meet many people with many accents too from which you can learn!
Make friends along the way.
Lastly, there is something magical about the work that I am doing, about the evolution of the state of heart, soul, body and mind that I am focused on, and the effect of what I am sharing with people that it has a profound effect on them, it's so outrageously crazy beautiful you would think it fantastical, that it weren't real, really happening - but I assure you, it most definitely is, and as a result wonderful things happen, and when the beauty of the humans we encounter surfaces it stirs an emotion within, and for some it's very healing. Laughter is medicine, so is crying, so is dancing, for they both release one's emotions to reveal one's true self.
The list of tasks will be varied and initiative based including some of the following:
- Most important of all your role is to film and document the adventure, filming with a mobile phone and taking photos, which later will be shared on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter (it would be great if you are social media savvy, and able to add hastags, filters, cut vids and such like) using one of the five mobile phones I have and need to do what I do effectively. Frequently my work goes viral, but it needs to be caught on camera - people love videos!
- Occasionally, there will be the making of phone calls, calling the press and letting them know we are in town, contacting fun places to see if we can get an ivitation to do an activity for free like go-carting, horse-riding, sky diving, festivals (there are many who welcome my work, and would be grateful of our time and energy to experience and share what they do), plus contacting local artists to make videos, do cross promotion, volunteer.
- Help is also required in maintaining a level of organisation so the technology is charged, supplies are maintained and the home/office/vehicle operates to full effect saving time, energy and money, allowing for more fun and learning.
- When it comes to me doing my thing, I would appreciate help setting up, filming and glittering people, chatting to people, ensuring safety, observing and capturing magic moments.
- I know I mentioned filming before, but one really important filming task is to make personalised video gifts. These I do daily. These simple videos are video messages of love, often filmed in a scenic or iconic or non-specific location on our travels- a message of love to say 'Happy Birthday', 'Thank you', 'Congratulations' or anything at all, booked online or made for someone we care about, think about, or are reaching out to.
In brief, no two days will ever be the same, and we will do whatever needs to be done, do whatever we want to, including meeting people and exploring the place/country we happen to be passing, to make the most of the opportunity. Most likely we will not have a set itinerary but a general direction (North, South, East or West)!
'Life is nothing but a daring adventure' - Helen Keller.
The iconic home, office, vehicle is a bright yellow compact bus with all mod cons including two double beds, shower, loo, oven, fridge, gas stove, gas oven, running water, bowling alley, tv, wifi, it is like a mobile mini two bedroom studio. Personally I think it is beautiful, perfect in fact, and I would not change it for any other home on the planet (I would rather that as my home than any fixed brick mansion anywhere).
From time to time we will stay at friend's houses, houses of people we have met along the way, and occasionally we may stay in budget hotels/hostels to no cost to yourself.
All meals at home will be provided; we shall shop daily and cook/prepare all that we need/want. I would most like to share a daily meal, but happy for you to cook for yourself as and when.
I like to eat well and am unfussy; understanding of all dietary needs, but I must admit that I am partial to red wine, cheese, salmon, fresh fruit and veg, and not a big fan of poor quality and unhealthy food.
The Wifi comes from the data hotspot, and is to be used for low level streaming (social media, Spotify, emails e.t.c) but not for constant high level streaming (films and tv programmes, Youtube for long hours), uploading and heavy data downloading. For high level internet use, I usually park the bus where we can use free public wifi!
- Phone wise, you are welcome to call internationally on the bus Skype phone.
- I would prefer not to accommodate animals, but could consider.
- I would consider accommodating a small family (up to 3 people) including children
- Time wise, I would consider you staying from 3 days to three months plus
The adventure is to be shared and experienced, and as we are heading in one direction (forwards) I welcome you to make the most of wherever we go. See the sights, meet the people, taste the local delicacies, speak and learn the language. Workaway is about sharing, about an exchange, and I am always open to discussion so we both benefit the most from our experience and our shared time together.
There is no time like the present - carpe diem!
Memories are all we take, all we make, and all we leave behind.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: