We are a couple : Marycielo, a Peruvian from Quillabamba area, and Romain a French traveller who fell in love with Peru.
We decided to move to Peru for making a dream come true : create a little paradise in the middle of the tropical forest (Ceja de Selva) and share that wonderfull place with fellow travellers who want to experiment and discover the local way of living.
Our wish will be to developp the eco-tourism / agro-tourism in this area
Also we would like to improve a social project for the local people : open their mind to the richness of their area / make them be part of our project and share the benefit with them.
We trust workaway program will allow them to exchange and learn from other cultures
Localization : Palma Real City, Echarate District, La Convencion Province (Quillabamba) , Cusco Region
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
First, we offer volunteering into the tropical forest at the farm (chacra), it will be an oportunity to live an authentic and immersive experience surrounding by the nature and learn to live on peruvian way
We are attached in traditions and culture. People here are living in traditional way, speaking quechua, thanking pachamama and chewing coca leaves and they are proud of it
We think and hope the volunteers will learn and open their minds to this way of life
The forest (Ceja de Selva) benefits of rich and incredible biodiversity so it will be an oportunity to discover or to observe/study the exotic flowers (orchideas), the medecinal plants, exotics birds (colibris) and animals...
We would like to develop the native cacao and organic coffee activities, so the volunteer can learn about the roots of products we use in occident without knowing all the original processes
Volunteer will integrate the Ayni System : neighbourhood joins each other to help someone with his farm works ,it is an authentic moment working all together ans respecting ancestral traditions
At the end, as we plan to build traditional houses in local material (adobe) it can be a way to learn from that kind of constructions
(Quillabamba / Convencion / Cusco) (Agrotourism / Ecoturism / Social Project)
As we are creating a new project from zero we need help in all spheres
Here there is space and time for all kind of ideas. You are welcome to invent / create / experiment, all wish or project can be achieved
We expect from the volunteers sharing their skills / knowledges and we want to offer them the opportunity to live an unique experience into the real Peru, far from turistics standards
We need to improve our skills in :
- construction topic (eco construction experts are welcome) : we plan building adobe houses and wooden huts to welcome the guests, also we are thinking about new projects as sauna, fish pools, bread / pizza ovens, natural wellness center, giant hamacs, ...
- touristic projects : we are thinking to create new paths or open new roads to wonderfull spots (ruins, waterfall, mirador), so there will be a part of job in exploring the area and organise the new projects
- gardening : the farm produces exotic fruits / vegetables, there always needs with helping in the fields ,working with the local employees
- permaculture : We would like to turn it to ecologic way and be sunstainable / self-suficient, to optimize the production acording to the natural benefits and caracteristics. All expert in permaculture's sphere who would like to experiment and try their skills in tropical environment are welcome
- caring about farm's animal : lot of animal are part of the family and care about them is an own activity in the day life
- participate at the daily life by helping cooking or washing
- art project : anyone who is interested by sharing or teaching artistic things is more than welcome (painting, music, meditation or yoga,...), it's a part of our will to bring new things to local people
We plan mixing the volunteers with the local people to permit each one learning from the other one and teaching to the other one
At the end, we wish and hope each volunteer could leave his/her print in our place, that each one can contribute to make this place wonderfull and multi-cultural.
French, Spanish, Quechua and English
We plan to receive the volunteer in dormitory with basic confort, in traditional adobe house
We can provide tent to allow the volunteer to have his/her own space in the nature
The toilets and showers are shared and out of the dormitory
At the chakra the meals are taken in common room and prepared with natural and organic products from the farm, we invite the volunteer to share those moments with us (3 meals a day) or to cook his/her meal using the kitchen and the products we could provide him/her
We expect a lot from the volunteering as it means for us as an oportunity to exchange skills and knowledge, culture and way of life
We want to give an oportunity to the locals to learn from other cultures and realise how the world runs out of their area.
People are living in poverty and modestly but they still live happy and proud. We want the volunteer could be respectfull and come with wills to help the local people to improve and learn from them
In general we expect from volunteer to bring good energy and be motivated to participate in the daily activities.
We are not in using them or finding free workfoce to enjoy, but we hope the volunteer will trust in our sincerity and bring good vibes to the place
During his/her time off, volunteer is free to enjoy in the way he/she wants.
As we are a bit distant from civilisation, we can arrange volunteer to get free days to allow going to visit the area
From the main road there is possibility to get public transport to reach the main city : Quillabamba and from there go Machu Picchu (3 hrs to go to Hydroelectrica), to Sacred Valley (3hrs to go to Ollantaytambo), to Cusco (5hrs)
As well, around the farm there are paths to unknown waterfalls or panoramic spots on Vilcanota Valley, we also plan to open new roads to archeological ruins crossing the mountains (Choquequirao, Vilcabamba, Espiritu Pampa, Mosoq Llacta, Manco Pata...) or natural spots (Pongo the Mainique, Rio Yoyato...), kind of spots the volunteer could enjoy as priviliged guest as turism didn't invade yet,
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week