Favourited 2254 times
*️️️️️*️️️️️ Please read all information here before writing us, to make sure this will be the right place for you *️️️️️*️️️️️
We are Ingunn and Mathieu, a norwegian-french couple. We have two main projects :
- To find administrative and technical solutions to turn a historical building into a guesthouse. Actually we are renting few rooms almost exclusively during march - april
- organic farming activity (strawberry, potatoes, wood)
Both those projects are lifetime projects and cost us a lot in time and money : we survive thanks to Ingunn’s salary and with the help of friends, helpers and workers.
Ingunn is working as a doctor 3 days a week and Mathieu (former technical teacher) is fixing everything here. We both enjoy nature and we use to go kayaking for a grilling eve in the island or go skiing during our free time. Mathieu is a hang- and paraglider pilot. Randi
(Ingunn's mother) is leaving close by and has a lot of energy.
We would like (and use to) host workawayers as member of our family or really close friends: coming to help at our place will save use time we would like to share with you to discover norwegian culture and enjoy the surroundings.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Having helpers will save us time.
This time is necessary for us to work with administrative job, but time we also really want to spent together (outdoor activities, talking or simply chilling), also with Ingunn’s mum. She is very good at cooking local meals and knows a lot of stories from this area.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Host has indicated that they will pay at least the minimum hourly wage of their country for each hour worked and that accommodation will also be provided. They are asking for help with a business or business activity. Contact the host directly via the site messenger for more information and details about the wage provided. Any arrangements should be agreed in advance with your host.
You don't need much previous experience, it's far more important for us that you're just a nice, decent and open minded person who is not afraid of hard work, able to learn and willing to work alone on some tasks without continual supervision.
Obviously training and personal protection equipment will be provided when necessary.
Our days can not be compared to a nine to five job - this is a lifestyle and it is important that you are up for it. We need a helper who is flexible with working hours.
This is the main historical building with castle flair. Completely in wood, it is still officially a school but we are on the process to turn it into a guest house. 3000sqm completely in wood, we need help with all kind of hotel tasks :
- daily maintenance
- cleaning (rooms / bathrooms / hallway)
- preparing breakfast and dinner
- taking care of the guests
- clearing snow outside the stairs
These tasks are mainly during skiing season (february to april)
We also renovate some parts at a time, depending on the period you come, you might help with :
- renovate wooden floors
- paint (inside and outside)
- move furnitures
- find new ideas for the future guest house !
*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️The organic farm*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️
The farm is the “white house”. It is (also) a historical organic farm with fields, land, forest and island. There, the main tasks are during spring / summer, such as :
- preparing the strawberry field
- picking strawberry (mid-july to mid september)
- cutting wood
- planting and harvesting potatoes
- mechanical work
- outside painting
The guesthouse and farm are 400m away, those projects are interconnected. Our dream is to serve organic food from the farm to the guests.
We can also sort the tasks to do regarding seasons/weather :
- all type of hotel tasks
- paint rooms.
- moving furnitures
- help with tourists
- clearing the snow
- general maintenance
- help to organise events (weddings / concerts)
- help with carpentering, plumbing and fixing rooms.
- build a sauna in the beach, close to the badestamp (hot tub) (dig the ground, make the walls in concrete and the wooden inside for it)
- fix an old wooden dependency that is almost falling.
- moving some old stuff
- cleaning a strawberry field and picking strawberries
- help to organise events (weddings / concerts)
- painting the buildings
- cutting the grass
- cutting wood for the winter
- mechanical work (tractor, minibus, boat engines)
For sure any of your suggestion will be welcomed !!
We would like to remind workaway policies completed with some of our thoughts, for everyone to have a good time. (unfortunately we found out those lists to be necessary to precise)
Obvious rules :
- No smoking
- common language is English (or norwegian)
- we decide when the helping tasks starts in the day
- we decide which tasks you will help with.
- we decide the standard of the job beeing done.
- social time with family is not counted as helping hours.
- you take care of the working tools (cleaning/storing)
- ask before using and take care of outdoor equipment you might borrow.
As a workawayer, we expect you to :
- respect our obvious rules list.
- work alone or in team
- Be honest and trustable.
- Communicate with us if something goes wrong.
- Not wait for us to remind you the schedule.
- participating in community tasks (shopping, cooking, ... )
- behave as a helper and part of the family, not as a guest
A shared room or house with other workawayers.
The following doesn’t apply when we will have to clean or cook for guests, BUT : like in every household, workawayers are expected to contribute in cooking, going to the shop for groceries and cleaning up after themselves. Even if your work tasks are up to 6 hours in a busy day, the rest of the ordinary living comes in addition.
We share most dinners together. We prepare this meal together or each our time. We'd like our meals to be social, so we'll appreciate it if you'll respect that and put your mobile phone away while we're at the table.
All workawayers have to wash the room / house they've been living in when they leave, it should look nice, clean and tidy - just as when you arrived.
Your application MUST include as a list :
- that you accept our “obvious rules”
- confirm that you are non smoker
- you agree with what we expect from a workawayer
- availability dates and period wished
- phone number and email
- if you have a D-number or if you don’t (provide it if yes)
*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️ As we receive a lot of requests, we cannot answer positively incomplete applications. *️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️
Lyngseidet is 1,5 hour drive from Tromsø. Bus line 100 and 150 are crossing by 4 times a day. We also need to go to Tromsø sometimes.
If you come in the summer, you can see the midnight sun, and if you come in the winter, it is possible to see the northern light. As the beautiful surroundings, this must be lived and cannot be explained ...
If you enjoy nature, it is the perfect place for you ...
- Hiking in forest and mountains.
- Kayaking / snowshoeing / bike riding
- Bath in a hot tub
- Swimming in the sea
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host can provide space for campervans.
More than two
Usually half day (3,5 to 4 hours) every day. 25 hours per week.
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: