We are looking for volunteers in May/ June/July/August/ 2018.
We are a family of 6 persons and a alpaca breeders living in Aurskog only 40 km from Oslo. We have 4 kids (4, 13, 16 and 17 years old, 30 alpacas, 3 donkeys and some chickens for fun.
This volunteer job would be something for you, if:
- You are minimum 20 years old
- You have a drivers license
- You have experience in physical work OR you are hardly motivated to learn
- You are hard working, responsible and FLEXIBLE
- You are in good physical shape
- You have a big smile
- You are independent and able to work alone, but you have also good communication skills in cooperation with others.
We prefer couples, because we have different jobs on the farm, and we have a good experience with this from last summer. If any of you have experience with carpentry, this would be a great advantage for small jobs on the farm.
If you are still interested, please take a look at the calendar to see when we can offer you volunteer work.
Your application should include:
- Background information about yourself
- A list that includes background information about Your working experience
- Period you want to come and work
- Intentions to come to us
- Language skills
- Allergies or special dietary requirements
- Anything else that you think is important for us to know
- You must describe yourself and tell us what kind of person you are
- How do your family and friends describe you
- Its an adventage if you have som experience with animals, but not a claim
Please only apply if you are highly motivated, have a positive nature and lots of energy. We expect our volunteers to be helpful and flexible.
We should not be only considered as your holiday destination.
We have a trial period of 1 week.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Help around the house
You can learn about alpacas, farming and the Norwegian culture.
Its basic help on our farm, not specific with the animals, but mostly carpentry and fix small buildings, help us to keep our farm nice and clean. General Maintenance as keeping the fences in shape, and help to plan and create activities on open days.
The traveller will be able to stay in a guestroom in our house, and will be eating food together with our family.
The bus stop is nearby, and our farm is approx 45 min from Oslo. Good transportation. Its a lot to do in our community, such as walks in the wood and the field, fishing, swimming, biking, padle, and everything the nature can offer. 20 min from Lillestrøm. This city has cinema, bowling, theatre, concerts, shopping and everything you want in a modern city.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week