Favourited 563 times
My family would like to invite travellers to stay with us at our farm in the centre of NSW near the town of Condobolin 500km west of Sydney. We have been having so much fun hosting people and making new friends.
A 12 600 acre (5000ha) property with up to 5000 sheep, some cattle and 3000 acres of crop.
We are all very interested in growing and producing our own food. We have an orchard and chooks etc
We are a family of seven ,
Tim and Sue (mid 50's)
Max & Nathan (33 & 29)
Jason (45) Tiffany (29) and their son Cooper (2) and the newest addition baby Brody!
We live and work on the property and also travel in our spare time.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Your work will be varied and mostly involves helping family members with their daily tasks.
Specific work Includes:
- Working in the kitchen Cleaning and Cooking for up to six people.
- Babysitting / helping with the children
- Clearing Sticks and rocks from the field.
- Clearing weeds from the paddocks.
- Digging and weeding in the gardens.
- You will also get the opportunity to work with the sheep and cattle depending on the schedule at the time.
Workaways must be:
- Physically fit and healthy, no disabilities.
- Able to Cook for 6 people
- Able to drive a manual car.
- People with allergies need to consider they will be outdoors and also with animals including dogs.
- You will need good strong enclosed boots without laces and appropriate clothing, Hat and sunscreen.
- Unfortunately we don't host families.
Workawayers stay in our furnished accommodation which is close to the main house. It has a full kitchen and bathroom. Also Air conditioning, hotwater, fridge, microwave and TV. Can easily accomodate groups. NO Pets of any kind!
Also on the farm there is an inground swimming pool. You will have access to the internet.
Condobolin is serviced by both bus and train from sydney most days of the week and we will pick you up in condobolin.
If you are interested in coming here please email us with some information about yourself and your trip.
-Also tell us of your skills and experience. Any allergies you have.
-Please tell us when you would like to visit and for about how long.
-Please have a completed workaway profile including photo, Its nice to know your a real person :)
-If your someone who will look at their mobile phone all day with your Ipod in your ears this is not the experience for you.........just saying :)
We are very flexible with people who come here as long as your prepared to help out. If your an Honest, Trustworthy and Reliable person who will put effort and care into your work, I am sure you would love it here and we would love to meet you.
We work year round, and welcome visitors anytime except December/Janurary . Happy to have short, long, multiple and last minute stays just get in touch and we will go from there.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
there is a large area that is close to power and water that any caravan or camper can fit.
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week