Favourited 5 times
In 2017 we built a low-cost nursery and primary school for children in our community here in edjeba via our foundation aiming to educate children from low-income backgrounds here in our community and beyond.
In line with SDG 4, we intend to give quality education to children in the most rural parts of Africa especially our home country Nigeria.
Our project is like a double project because we are renovating our school and also building a free library for locals in our community here in Warri. Our project is located in the edjeba community 10km away from the city center, a community clinic, and the nursing school the project is in the heart of the local community.
The library project and low-cost school renovation project. The school already educates 161 underprivileged students from low-income families the project urgently needs books, school supplies, and volunteer teachers. Our future projection is to replicate these low-cost schools in the most rural parts of Africa.
Food and accommodation will be provided and free for by our community women for your volunteer spirit, with no fee charged for your time and travel.
Zion is an advocate for educating Orphans, Vulnerable, and out of school children. Mr. Zion is passionate about ensuring that no child is left behind, and for that reason, He founded a Foundation, an organization that promotes initiatives to make education affordable for low-income families and runs a free Nursery & primary school for Orphans & vulnerable street kids where more than 137 pupils acquire formal education.
I have a son (Jason) and a daughter (Melissa) I actually gave them names before their births. my wife's name is elohor and we stay 20 mins away from our school.
Help with Computers / internet
Hose work: various cooking of Nigerian dishes including nonvegetarian foods
Language: staying here for a while you will learn our language which is Urhobo, pidgin and itsekiri
Cultural heritage; the culture here is rich and traveler here will enjoy nature while enjoying the cultural heritage
Brainstorming: we have other volunteers here with the right skills and project brainstorming and ideas sampling
we need help with teaching and volunteers to help us set up and build our free library for our community. Really we need to renovate the entire school for locals. Our school now is built with wood and zinc metals as such we need to renovate to make it a little more conducive for the kids when schools resume.
1. construction & renovation; bringing down parts of buildings of the current school, setting up new areas, structures, repairing parts of building structures, fixing all buildings, and making sure all functions are up and running.
2. we need to paint the school and the library
3. we will need someone to record all we do as we work like A cameraman & microphone to capture the community stories of local students, community women, and leaders who will be excited to share
4. we have a website already but we need help to update the Website to provide online learning opportunities and more
5. we will be excited to see you Travel to our rural and regional communities to share stories, create new videos on how to do certain things and connect practitioners in our region
6. Volunteer teachers/Mentors to help with our community mentoring project CMP in most rural communities around/near our school/community
7. Develop a digital curriculum for children in our local school.
8. Help with our clean water project for low-income families in the community.
We have a mini-estate with 7 bungalows Earthen buildings with each bungalow having 3 bedrooms room detached housing used as accommodation for our guests, including a living room, a kitchen, book corner. Bathrooms and washing areas are in the building. There is also the possibility of camping out in a tent & space for exercise
The project is located in the area near the King of Warri palace where we normally call the Olu palace, also adjacent to the project area is our state-owned broadcasting station and a big field. which means opportunities for you to outdoor exploring, etc.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week