Our project is located in the village of Barão de São João in Lagos, Algarve, Portugal to promote livelihoods based on permaculture and the arts.
This project intends to have a positive impact, according to Permaculture ethics: caring for the land, caring for people and fair sharing. Art is also cultivated as an individual and cultural expression of the community.
In this space we can find:
- Bread with Soul, organic and artisan bakery
- the Local Shop, with products of artisans and local producers
- cafe where healthy meals (vegetarian, vegan and raw) are cooked and interesting books are available for consultation
- The Art Temple, for music, dance and other arts, and wellness practices (meditation, yoga, therapies)
- the Permaculture Garden, where ancient varieties of wheet and organic vegetables are growing to feed the bakery and the Kantina. We also aim to develop a CSA & CSB (community supported agriculture and bakery)
We need help only for the garden and general maintenance.
You will have food & accomodation (tent). You will participate on the development of our project,means all the activities we do related with permaculture and art. You will learn with our coordinators, engage with local community, support the project and have fun!
We need help mostly on the organic farm and general maintenaince, litle wood and bambu works and artistic projects to finish, as mosaic and painted mural.
Portuguese, English, Spanish
We provide space for cooking, using toilets,resting, sleeping and working.
The accomodation is simple, in a tent or if you have your own caravan also welcome. We provide tent in case you don't have and the facilities (kitchen, toilet, food). Bring your sleeping bag and matress. Natural soap and shampoo is also recomended. We eat vegetarian and vegan.
We are localized near by beautiful beaches and natural park (mata de barão de são joão). There's multicultural community around full of artists and permaculture. Use your criativity and enjoy!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
25 hours, max 5 days a week