We are an ecolodge based in the Chiriqui Highlands of Panama, the highest province in Panama that bears resemblance to the Alps or the Himalayan mountains in Bhutan.
In 1960, we bought land that was being deforested, planted trees and built a few cabins to create an ecotourist attraction. That land is now part of two parks- Volcan Baru National Park and La Amistad International Park.
We have 10 hotel rooms, 7 suites, 3 dorms and 5 cabins. We offer hiking tours, mountain biking, horseback riding, birding and also have a spa.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
We are looking for a volunteer who would be:
1. Interested in Marketing and contacting travel agencies, birding groups and thinking of new promotions
2. Helping our lodge or new hot springs area improve ecologically- alternative energy, heating water with composting, biogas/methane for cooking
3. Working in reception and responding to emails in English, welcoming tourists and explaining what activities we have to offer
4. Working in our organic garden
5. Offering Birding tours or horseback riding tours
6. Caring for our horses, goats, cows, dogs
7. Working in our restaurant as waitress
8. Creating photo and video content with our new Canon 60D camera for Facebook, twitter, linked in
9. Teaching yoga or massage
Volunteers could stay in a cabin that we own in the village (about 1.5 miles from the lodge). If they want to stay closer to the lodge, they could stay in the mens or womens dorm on our property (has 3 bunks and hot water, electricity and wifi). All meals would be courtesy of the hotel. Laundry on the premises.
Minimum stay 2 weeks.
When applying, please include your resumee, a cover letter of what you would like to do during your stay here, 2 references, and the time you think you would like to stay.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers