Hi! John here! I’m an entrepreneur, a Harvard Business school grad, currently residing in Kuala Lumpur. I am involved in the startup scene here in KL.
You will be staying with me & my family. I love hosting and have MANY references so feel free to ask me for them. We live in an affluent area in Kuala Lumpur which is filled with food and convenient transportation, located in a serene peaceful hillside area.
As I live with my family of 3 girls & a dog, I prefer to have female workawayers. We are NON SMOKERS, and don’t drink or do drugs, so I prefer the same as well. You are welcome to go out and drink of course, just please keep it outside the home.
-Minimum 6 weeks stay (8 weeks preferred)
-VERY proficient in English
-Up to 5 hours a day work, or accumulation of 20 hours/ week
What I need help with mostly:
-Taking care of my dog: Fender is a 5-year-old Staffordshire that needs lots of love, attention and cleaning. He’s the sweetest dog you’ll ever meet!
-House work: home cleaning, tidy up, house sitting
-John’s projects at times: it will be normally video/ website stuff/ copywriting
-Airbnb hosting/cleaning work on an adhoc basis
-Attend to the door (clients sometimes drop off/pick up stuff at my house)
-Stay in a private en suite room with private bathroom, air con, and high speed internet
-You are welcome to use our shared living area, workspace, laundry and kitchen, provided you clean up after yourself.
-I know all the best food spots in Kuala Lumpur and will be happy to take or recommend you to a lot of them!
If you have any of the following skills, that would be a bonus!
1. Website building and some copy writing skills
2. SEO skills
3. UI/UX design skills
Anymore question? Hit me up!
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
I want to show you the upper-middle class KL lifestyle. KL is an awesome city with tons to offer in terms of culture, food, attractions (both in the city and surrounding areas), and great people. You'll meet some of my friends and colleagues in the local startup scene. We love going on food adventures, weekend trips, and sometimes just chilling at home watching movies :) who knows, you might find your second home here!
1. Taking care of our Royal highness- Fender
2. Home cleaning, Kitchen cleanliness
3. Our Airbnb hosting/cleaning work: we already have an existing team in place for our Airbnb work. But, occasionally we might need some assistance from you. Typically it’s cleaning or hosting guests, but only on ad-hoc basis
4. Attend to clients who come by the house
Top groups of people I will ALWAYS respond to:
1. Website building, as we built a lot of pilots
2, I also prefer the builders to have SOME copy writing skills & UX+ UI experience
3. Ground work surveying for customer segmentations & customer understanding
4. Self starters with project managing skills
5. Some startup experience or interest is a bonus!
I run a tech startup, so would love any help that you can offer as well, design, coding, marketing, PR, video? I’m open.
English , Chinese , Bahasa , Cantonese
- You'll be staying with me at our home. You'll have your own private room with an en-suite bathroom
- Your accommodations include internet, laundry, utilities & even some subsidies on transportation bills.
All our location sites are within walking distance from key train station and are filled with food & shops (it's our selling point too).
I’m also willing to work on a visa extension for you if I find you are value to us. I'm also open to a work & travel contract if you come to use as well. But first, let's start by working in exchange for lodging for us to get to know each other better :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week