Hi there! My name is Kirana and my husband's name is Kung. We're a couple (both 33 years old) living in Nakhon Pathom, Thailand. Our parents live nearby, they'll come from time to time. We have 2 dogs. We've just moved here at the end of April so we don't have much and it's not tidy yet. This is a place we want to establish permaculture living so we have our plans that need helps. We’ve just started to grow organic vegetables for our own health and want to share our way to others. We have a mud house for guests to experience farm stay.
We recommend you to read everything in the profile before writing to us. We will know if you don’t. We want you to know who we are and what to expect here.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Life here is simple. We don't have much please don't expect anything fancy here. You can have time to yourself, be with yourself and also with others. You can experience our way of life that is on the process so you’ll be apart of our learning process to live eco-friendly but not completely cut out from the world. Things around the area are mostly agriculture field so if you want to see the city, we'll drop you on your day off or when we have plan to go to the city.
We'd like to talk about our country and cultural stuff and yours too so we can exchange and acknowledge the common and differences.
We're in the starting phase of the project so now we don't have much therefore we need help to make this happen. It’s taking time and patience to accomplish this project. We need workawayers to help with below works;
- Taking out weed and make compost out of it
- Landscape Development
- Making vegetable field
- Wood Furniture
- Cleaning houses, kitchen areas, silverwares and plates
We work outdoor in the morning and evening, indoor during the day. We're working on our vegetable field so we can have our own non-chemical, organic food.
By the way, we don't smoke so we prefer people who don't smoke also. If you do smoke, please be responsible for your own waste.
You’ll be staying in our bamboo house. It's 1 room and toilet is outside. We won’t host more than 2 people at the same time. If we have contacts at the same time, you might have to share house. We don't have air-con only fans. You'll have to clean your own room & bed [we have mattress, pillow and bed sheet] and keep common space clean and in good conditions.
Here's some more information;
1. Work Day & Day off : Work 5 days (4-5 hrs a day), off 2 days.
- Work Day : We can discuss working hours to suit everyone. But normally we start working at 9.00-11.30 in morning and 14.00-16.30 or 15.00-17.30 in the afternoon because of the heat. We provide lunch and dinner on work day. Breakfast is up to you, you can prepare by yourself with what we have in the fridge [eggs, bread, vegetables], you can bring your own / shop at grocery store nearby. Please also help to prepare plates and silverware before meals and cleanup after.
- Day Off : On your day off [Monday and Friday], you can go out and explore Nakhon Pathom when we go out to swim or you can join us to the swimming pool, we go swimming on Monday and Friday. Work at the house is important and so is our health. We offer a place to stay but for food, volunteers can pick up groceries at a nearby grocery to suit their preferences, and cook individually or eat out.
2. Cleanliness : Sometimes we have mud stuck to our shoes, please clean your body/shoes outside before getting in the house after work. Room and toilet has to be in the same condition, keep clean for everybody's use.
We have on-going trash system, please ask if you have trash you want to dispose. We try to bring in trash as less as we can since we're responsible for our own trash. Too many trashes not being dealt with properly are causing lots of environment problem. And for smokers, we have to ask you to smoke in designated area and take the cigarette butt/filter/whatever left over with you to dispose somewhere else because we don’t have waste system for this kind of waste.
3. What to bring : Please prepare your own personal things such as sandals for outside, towel, toothbrush, medicine, sunscreen etc. We have boots, gloves and hats that you can use.
4. Food and Drink : We have local veg, eggs, bread, rice that you can use to cook for breakfast, other than that you can buy in advance or we can take you to the grocery shop nearby. Fruits, we often have fruits when Kung's parent bring [banana, guava]. Coffee and Tea, we have limited budget on everything that we need to buy so we appreciate that you can bring your favourite tea and coffee by your own. We hope in the future that we will have our own tea and coffee so in the mean time, please help us.
5. Local sight: Around our place, full of agriculture field, local house, local grocery shop, local restaurant. In the city, you can explore the downtown with temples, King Rama X's old palace and parks. Also you can enjoy street foods around down town.
If you read everything from above and still interested in helping us, write to us with a subject : I love muffin, otherwise we won't reply to you.
How to come to our place;
Please go to Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal (Sai Tai Mai) at Talingchan and take van with either route Bangkok - Dan Chang (No. 994) and get off at PTT fuel gas station (Tab Yai Taow), opposite of Venus Inn and then we'll pick you up. It'll take around 1 hour and 15 mins. Our place is 15 km from the city of Nakhon Pathom, 30 mins by car.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week