Nestled in the heart of a wild and beautiful mountain in Tarragona Spain, 45 minutes from the coast and a short walk away from friendly Spanish civilisation. Wild sanctuaries and bio reserve is beginning its journey.
We are starting a project of a self sustaining sanctuary. A home for family, wildlife and helpful spirits who want to be a part of dream manifestation, and the greater vision that we see for this planet; harmony and respect for the innocent. We aim to be a completely self sufficient healing retreat centre, bio organic farm, space for workshops and eventually festivals. This project has been the vision and life quest of an international physic, shamanic healer and animal communicator, and it has been woven into the dreams of her adult daughter throughout her life.
The land is 12.5 acres of forested mountain with olive, almond and cherry tree terraces. So far there is a little house and outside barbecue area, an outside toilet and sink, animal shelters and the beginnings of a campsite shelter. Other than that there is worked and un-worked land. When you arrive there will be power and water but it will be limited, so this listing is for people mindful of conserving natural resources.
There is much more to discover and learn when you step into our realm; we are friendly and accommodating people who love a good time, but we have no tolerance for slackers. For example, 5 hours a day = 5 x 60 full minutes per day. If you come to us with an open mind and heart, and a willingness to put 100% into every minute you work with us, we can promise you that this will be a very rewarding and transforming experience for everyone involved.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
Here is a list of the projects we are working towards. This list will keep growing over time as more projects develop.
• Design and build of several Eco Pools working with gravity, that collect rain water and some of which filter down into a large natural swimming pool. All with filtration for the cleanest possible water, and drainage that can recycle the water for crops etc.
• Design and build of a self sufficient outdoor Spa with showers, hot tub, sauna/sweat lodge.
• Design and build of compost toilets, shower and kitchen for work-away space.
• Design and build Permaculture food forest, maintenance, harvesting and organic food preservation and cooking. Planting more trees and looking after of the 40 terraces worth of almond, olive and cherry trees that are already in production.
• Help with designing and building up spaces that can be used for retreats and workshops.
• Design and build an underground cool food storage room.
• General clean out of land, space management & beautifying.
We are looking for open minded, helpful and hardworking people who are willing to share, learn and adapt on their current skill sets, that can to help us get this project off the ground.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Passion and/or Interest in any of the following will be VERY helpful.
• Sustainable Architecture: Planning and building spaces using natural/recycled resources.
• Energy Conservation: Working with renewable energies.
• Permaculture design & maintenance.
• Project management and budgeting.
• Spanish and other languages are very helpful.
• Also any computer and social media experience is very helpful.
• Labouring: Clearing out land, chopping wood, digging holes etc.
• Construction: renovations, buildings, using tools.
• Gardening: Picking fruit and nuts off trees, planting trees and food forests.
• House Keeping: Washing up, Laundry, sweeping, painting etc.
• Animal care: We have dogs, cats, chickens, goats.. and more to come!
• Building, carpentry & handyman skills – not required but greatly appreciated.
• Teaching your skills.
We are looking for people to come on both long term (minimum 3 weeks) and short term (minimum 1week) agreements. The more you have to offer and can bring to our project, the longer we will want you to stay. Upon agreement and entry you will be asked to sign an agreement with us that you will come and you will go at the end.
Initially you will be staying in your own campsite. We will provide the tents and bedding. We will ensure that your stay with us is as comfortable as it can be, but as we are starting this project off the ground, this is all we can offer at this point. The plans are to build the campsites own permanent dwellings, compost toilet, solar shower, kitchen facilities and chill out space. However, before this is built we will be sharing our own facilities with you. Food for 3 meals will be provided a day and you can help yourself to teas and coffees.
While we are very rural, and away from the busy hustle and bustle of everyday life, we are also very connected. The main train line from Madrid-Barcelona runs directly through Capçanes. So on your days off, if you wish you can spend 2 hours on a direct journey, experiencing stunning Spanish views until you reach Barcelona. Few European cities can offer you the wide diversity of cultural experience that you will find in this beautiful city, the historic capital of Catalunya.
This train will also take you directly to Tarragona in 1 hour, where Roman history collides with beautiful beaches, nightlife and a food scene that perfumes the air with freshly grilled seafood. Tarragona's beaches are renowned for their extremely fine, golden sand: hence the region’s name, “Costa Daurada”, which means "Golden Coast" in Catalan. You can get to them very easily from the main train/bus station where you will arrive.
You can also reach surrounding towns via train such as Falset and Mora LaNova which have many organic health food shops, bars, restaurants, markets, etc. We will also be able to drive you if you wish to go kayaking or somewhere else local if the plan is made in advance.
OUR WAY OF LIVING
If you don't wish to travel, and would rather stay with us on the land out of working hours. You can either relax in your campsite, explore areas of our land, or join us for yoga, meditation, ceremony.. evenings by the fire, stories, music, dancing and hopefully lots and lots of laughing!
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for your interest in our project, we whole heartedly can't wait to hear back from you and welcome you into the beginning of something very special!!
Savannah, Teya & Family.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone that loves to be in beautiful, peaceful nature with vibrant sunshine. The village of Capçanes is a 10-minute walk from the land, with beautiful views of vineyards, organic farming, mountains and reservoir. Capçanes is famous for its Wine cellar so for anyone interested in wine culture this is a must see!
A short walk from our land you can find many nature trails perfect for hiking, mountain biking, exploring natural springs and enjoying peaceful days in the Spanish country side. The historic River Ebro is very close and here you have options of fishing and kayaking through stunning river towns, such as 'Miravet'. The Mediterranean coast is just 40 minutes drive away.
There are many historic towns and villages in the area where you can experience the relaxed Spanish way of life and learn about the history of their land, whilst learning about our alternative and holistic lifestyle back on site.
On site you will be able to learn about living self sustainably and off grid, you will acquire mindfulness of conserving natures natural resources and gifts to us, as well as living and sharing with other people and animals.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
My Photo Album