I am currently
Activities i am interested in:
Hiking, yoga, skiing, music, board games, road trips :)
My next destination:Hawaii, United States View all
Hey there! I’m Sophie, 26, a hardworking individual looking for work and volunteering, currently in Canada. I originally hail from England,and have great references and a wealth of experience I can bring to the table. I'm a very positive and energetic person who loves to learn new skills :) I hope to hear from you soon!
InterestsBeachCampingHitchhikingWinter sportsYoga / WellnessAnimalsArt & designMovies & TVMusicPhotographyTechnologyAstronomyPolitics / Social justiceCultureSelf developmentEvents & socialFashion or beauty
Skills and knowledge I'd like to share or learn
I'm interested in:GardeningDIY and building projectsBeing an elderly companionGeneral MaintenanceCharity WorkArt Projects
Some knowledge of:Babysitting and creative playCreating/ Cooking family mealsLife at a FarmstayEco ProjectsHelping around the houseAnimal CareHospitality/Tourism
Able to teach about:Helping with Computers/ Internet
More details about your skills
My skills are quite a mixed bag!
- Digital marketing - I’ve worked in it for four years and my main skills include website administration and maintenance (particularly wordpress and hubspot hosted), social media management and graphic design (leafleting, brochures and infographics using adobe tools). I’ve also done email campaigns, events and am a whizz at excel.
- Music - I’ve played piano for 16 years, and could teach someone the basics.
- Previous childcare experience - I lived on a farm for three months and would often take responsibility for two girls aged 6 and 8.
- Cleaning - I've been responsible for nighttime closedown of both retail and restaurant spaces, so know how to tidy a room ready for the next morning.
- Barista, barwork and food prep - I’ve worked at a cafe since arriving in Canada, and have previously been a waitress for over a year at a members golf club in England.
- Caring for dogs (coming from a family of animal lovers).
- Gardening - I volunteer some of my time to local gardening projects annually, and helped with weeding, harvesting and building flower beds for a farm on Vancouver Island.
- Painting walls and minimal DIY (but willing to learn!).
What else ...
I love yoga, hiking, music (listening and playing - I've been a pianist for 17 years) and board games!
Some more information
Special dietary requirements