11/08/2019 - 26/08/2019
Hi, my name is Laura. I am 28 years old and will start studying psychology this fall. I used to be a primary teacher and got a diploma in classical Swedish massage! I love to travel, to get to know new people, different countries and their cultures, learn new languages etc.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
I am a very interested and curious Person. I love to learn new things (culture, language but also skills and work) and I am always willing to give a helping hand in whatever that is needed. I already had volunteering experience in south africa, Iceland, India and Greece. It was one of the best times in my life! Some examples of different chores and work I did:
- took care of the tourists on a whale watching boat, helped driving the boat, looking out for whales and took pictures of the fin for reasearch
- bird ringing, also for Research
- helped at the rescued penguin center to take care of the penguins, feed them, cleaning the cages, pool etc.
- teached english at a Township School
- pumped prawns as bait
- collected shark eggs on the beach for research
- collected waste at local beaches, also for reasearch and for cleaning
- worked with animals such as dogs, cats, sheeps and horses, helped taking care of them, feeding etc. in Iceland
- farm work in Iceland
- travel agent in Malta
- helping with tourists at horseback riding farm in Kos
- doing the stables and tacking up horses in Kos
- housework in India, cooking, cleaning etc.
So as you can see the tasks were very divers but I loved to learn it all.
I am a teacher so I know my way around with kids and teaching skills. I have been working as a servicewoman at bars and restaurants and also did some journalism writing work throughout my life. I know how to handle a camera and Ive worked in detail business also. As you can see, I can offer a wide variety of jobs I have already experience in. I can speak fluent english, italian and german, plus a little spanish and french. In my freetime I like to do sports such as snowboarding, skiing, soccer, fitness, horseback riding, dancing... and a lot more.. Last year I took care of five horses at a little horse farm as a supplement to my teaching job. A couple years ago, I owned a Pony that was mistreated and therefore left, so I took care of her until someone else was found to buy her and take good care of her. I myself owe a cat. I always loved animals and I would love to work with or for them more. I also love to be creative, to make Music in singing or playing an Instrument, I like to draw and to write. In Iceland I started getting into fotography and did a little project for a travel Magazine and worked on a sheep and horsefarm for a month. This summer, I was working as a travel agent in Malta, taking care of children going to language school.
Swiss German, German, Italian, English, French
I am 28 years old and finished my work as a primary teacher so that I can go travelling for the next couple of months... I am a open, friendly and easygoing person, always willing to work hard as long as I am treated fair and with respect on each side. I love to learn new things about this wonderful place called earth. I am trustful and responsible, well organized and tidy.
I hope to have raised your interest and hope to hear from you soon. For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Special dietary requirements