10 things to do right now to achieve your travel goals next year
Wait up, where did that year go? How are we about to enter a new one already? We definitely missed out on some (or many😖) of our bucket list items this year… but there's no need to be upset, because this only means our next year will be filled with even more adventures that you’ve been looking forward to. Here’s how we, and you, can do right now to make sure you get to where you want to be in 2024!
1. Write a list
Some list ideas include:
- Dream destinations you’d like to visit in 2024
- Places you’d like to explore with your loved one
- Travel goals and bucket list items to tick off on your trips
Related blog post: 15 Alternative Travel Goals That Go Beyond The Bucket List
2. Go through all your emails
3. Make a Pinterest board
Because it seems Pinterest is the master of making us want to quit our jobs and travel the world. Even if we have no money. We can all dream, though, and Pinterest brings our dreams alive. Envision yourself wandering through the cobblestoned streets of Portugal or sailing through the glistening waves of the Caribbean, and remind yourself what and where you’re doing it all for!
4. Get annual travel insurance
Now we know this isn't very exciting, but getting good travel insurance is an essential expense that can make or break your adventures. Since we’ll definitely be travelling a lot this year (🤞🏼), buying an annual policy works out cheaper, and when you have it you will feel a lot safer booking a spontaneous trip whenever you want.
5. Start a dedicated savings account
Related blog post: How to travel cheap: 23 TOP money saving tips for budget travellers
6. Get a world map
7. Sell stuff you don’t need
8. Set up your Workaway account
Well, if you haven’t already. Workaway can take you around the world, in a cheaper and more fulfilling way. Take a look at thousands of hosts online now, waiting for your email. And if you’ve already joined, pimp up your profile to grab everyone’s attention!
- Introduce yourself in a fun and engaging way – what are your hobbies? What unique experiences are you looking for as a workawayer? What inspires you and what makes you tickle?
- Add a good selection of photos (you can upload up to 15!) to your profile
- Earn badges from the Workaway team, which will be shown on your public profile
- Add a video to show off your personality and skills even more!
Related blog post: 5 ways to make your Workaway profile stand out
9. Don’t disregard countries you are told are dangerous
Hear us out on this one. Not everything you read in the media is 100% accurate. Every country in the world has its problems. If you disregard every country that is portrayed negatively at the moment you really don’t have a lot left to travel. Do research, read travel blogs, and you’ll realise many less-visited destinations have got SO MUCH to offer. Give countries a chance that need your support. Volunteer, help spread the word that the world is a beautiful place and let’s start the new year with some positivity.
Related blog post: 9 Underrated Countries to Escape The Crowds
10. Stop making excuses
BONUS: Start local
So where will we bump into each other this year? Let’s rock 2024 together!