This is a treasure trove of imagination, art, music and meditation. A little bohemian home stay that lightens up your soul located in the picturesque Himalayan hamlet named Kanatal; abundant with pine and deodar forests. We are at a distance of about 80 kilometers (50 miles) from Rishikesh.
Help around the house
As it is a Himalayan home-stay, it provides the volunteers an opportunity to embrace cultural diversity. A chance to learn more about the rural Himalayan nature and the lifestyle of locals.
A chance to meet other volunteers.
A life skill that is self dependence. Management skill; as the volunteer will manage a home-stay in and out (of course with our help).
As we conduct workshops as well in the lap of the Himalayas, the volunteer will have a chance to learn about the subject the workshop is being conducted on.
Volunteers would be required to help us at our home-stay program at Kanatal at Tehri Gharwal (80 kms from Rishikesh.)
1. We are mainly looking for volunteers for art of any form, that adds to the place. Wall art, murals, furniture, wood, painting, DIY crafts.
2. General volunteers who would like to help manage the place which includes guest handling and operations (day to day management).
3. We are also looking for volunteers for offline promotion and digital/social media marketing.
4. Volunteers who would like to bring a yogic lifestyle and inculcate the yoga routine here.
5. People who would like to share any form of skill (holistic healing, love for music, permaculture etc) are most welcome.
We feel that everyone has something to share. We welcome people from all walks of life!
The accommodation provided is a comfortable warm room in our home-stay on a sharing basis if we have more than one volunteer at a time.
We have a well equipped kitchenette.
We cook for the volunteers and in case the volunteer is willing to cook her/his own food they are welcome; all cooking utensils are available. We keep a stock of groceries and it is also available nearby.
Toilets are neat and clean and are Western as well as Indian squat.
Food will work as part of the exchange
Yes, we will offer food and we have a furnished kitchen. This facility will be provided to the volunteer including, appliances, utensils and of course the ingredients.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week (max 25 hours/week) (MAY include Saturday & Sunday)
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: