Favourited 167 times
Please read carefully, will be required that you mention about what got your attention of the profile in your first mail!!
Sleeping in a tree is the meaning of the project's name in the nahuatl language, but in this project it’s not taking so literaly, but is used like an analogy that involve all the concept; sleeping as any activity and tree as the natural environ, where both logics mutualy play in armony. And that’s what is seeking here; live and act in a respectful way with the environment.
The project’s goal is get close to the nature again “ back to the roots”, make and practicing sustaintable actions for
the community’s goodbeing, hoping the project’s model could be replicated by someothers and learn from the projects that already work.
The activities are based throught the principles of permaculture, green technologies and sustaintables process,
taken the best in the local rural life with global thinking and conections that permit learn, teach, aply and replay
cultural, social, economical, political, academical features to satisfy the human and social needs but always looking
for the less impact as posible to the planet.
The project has born in Guadalajara by me: Adrian an early-retired industrial designer who wants to change the way of living and consuming and one of the changes was leave the city to create this place in Atengo; a county part of the Sierra de Amula region that have lots of attractions or sightseeing, like cascades one of them more than 90mts height, fresh air/smell in a whole pine forest, natural swimming pools, rivers, climbing rocks, do trekking in near mountains with great views, also the friendly people that live in.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Being here you can be involved in a good ambiance to get a spanish immersion, so if you are thinking to learn or practice your language skills with the traditional jaliscician culture and locals activities like: getting milk from a cow, making cheese, ride a horse or do charro sports.
Being into the Sierra de Amula area is also offered some activieties related to, such as: trekking, climbing, camping, swimming and flora and fauna appreciation/conservation, there are also archeological, cultural and natural paths to discover, it's not forgetting to relax in the waterfalls or a impresionant night full of stars (if you are lucky some meteor-shower).
Other activities can bew fixed depens on what your interested in, let's make your staying useful and unforggetable.
This is a new Eco project that needs creative volunters full of energy who are open in sharing ideas in how to build a workable sustaintable place where all can enjoy.
Here are some of the things that need to be fixed (updated):
- Build and repair the house and garden,
- Planting seeds and harvesting fruits and vegetables (For the moment this task is on "Stand by").
- Alternative construccions such as rest areas, grill, etc...
- If most of these activites dont fit your skill or interestest the project is open for other sugestions.
Outreach to the local community is also an important goal of this project so there are some other activities that involve us with the town
This could be a great opportinity for everyone to learn, teach and share how to live a Eco friendly lifestyle.
We ask 4 days to work (maximum 6 hours) with 3 free complete days, with 3 meals a day
spanish, a bit of english.
At the moment is offered a room for the visitors with two beds some blankets, there are some other spaces to camp if want. At home doens't have some facilities like: kitchen, electricity, running water nor hot water, but it's a safe and quite place to sleep/camp. (In the town it's possible use wifi and electricity).
The meals at home are flexible but is common to take fruit and vegestables revovered mostly mix with cereals and grains.
- Could help if you add an email account to the first mail you send, it helps to add some other files.
- Would be a good idea if we share seed or music, could you bring some?
- Here is not a work-only space it's apreciated if we share some time talking or enjoying.
- Tried to be flexible, but thanks to previous experiences we're SMOKE UNFRIENDLY, please don't bring tobacco, cigarrets neither drugs, thanks.
- If you ask for a stay, please confirm it, or in case or not send a mail saying (sorry) this cause i have few space and i used to book the room for you but if you are not comming tell me to open the space to others.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
4 days to work (maximum 6 hours) with 3 free complete days (max 25 hours)