Favourited 143 times
We are a prestigious 31-year-old primary school, ranked among the top 3% of all primary schools in the country, according to Mexico's Ministry of Education (ENLACE-SEP). For further information about our educational project please visit our website.
We have four volunteer positions:
1. English teachers for work with children
- academic background in education is preferably
- profesional experience desirable, especially with children aged 4 to 12
- C1 level, if you not an English native speaker
- For these posts a whole year comittement is desirable (the duration of the academic year)
2. A sales/marketing assistant
- academic credentials in management and/or marketing, preferably at master level
- either a native or C1 level in English and working knowledge of Spanish
We need you to commit part-time from Monday to Friday.
If interested, please send me a message saying how long you are able to commit. Please note that it will be very hard for us to make you a volunteer offer if you cannot commit for at least 6 months, preferably for one academic year.
**THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE CONTACT US ONLY IF YOU CAN COMMIT FOR AT LEAST 6 MONTHS
Help with Eco Projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
As a volunteer you will:
• strengthen your CV
• improve your fluency in Spanish
• gain skills in communication, presentation, time management, organisation, teamwork, working independently, creative thinking and problem-solving
• immerse yourself in another culture
• increase your cultural awareness
• develop professional confidence
• Accommodation in a single bedroom with private bathroom
• Two meals at the school
• Spanish lessons in our Language School, with postgraduate trained Spanish teachers (upon availability)
• An optional scheme if you want to generate some cash, either with additional classes for children enrolled in other schools of as or recruiting students for our Spanish as Foreign Language courses.
In Puerto Escondido you can practice surf, enjoy a quiet beach, take a boat trip to see ocean life or chow down on local seafood. You can also visit nearby beaches such as Chacahua, Mazunte, Zipolite or Bahias de Huatulco.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
A full description will be given to you once an offer has been made. As a general idea:
English and STEM teachers
- Teach and evaluation to local children using constructivism
- Promote all the school's services locally and internationally via calls, Zoom, social networks, and all of our marketing tools. We do have a marketing agency and a marketing consultant so you won't be on your own.
Clean bedroom with bathroom, centrally located. Usually is a shared department with another volunteer, paid by the school.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week